VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Some Videos get flipped upside down (inverted)

Some Videos get flipped upside down (inverted) was created by lsuphil

Posted 01 Aug 2014 05:27 #1
Some of the videos that I add in DVD Architect Studio 5.0 playback upside down while other videos, that have the same file type, play regular. Even the thumbnail on the menu is upside down. When I preview the video it is upside down. I haven't rendered a final copy and then watch it to see if it happens because I don't want to waste that time, and blank DVD disk, if it doesn't play correct. I've inserted a screen shot of the menu. The thumbnail on the bottom left is upside down and when I preview that video it plays upside down. When I play it on my computer, from my explorer files, it plays back correct.
by lsuphil
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Some Videos get flipped upside down (inverted)

Posted 01 Aug 2014 23:32 #2
Hi there

What is the format/video codec of the videos you are importing into DVD Architect ? File extension ?
Where did they come from ? Meaning, what device made the videos ?

Did you render your videos in Movie Studio first, before importing into DVDA ?

I suspect that your problem is being caused by the format/video codec your videos are in.
They are probably using a format that is not supported by DVDA.
I am also guessing before I get an answer from you, that you shot your videos with a Phone and Imported the videos straight from the phone into DVDA.
If you render the videos first with Movie Studio, using a proper DVD format, this should fix the problem.
I just uploaded some new tutorials about making DVDs.
You should read and watch this one in particular.
How to Render Video for DVD/Blu-ray with Menus using Sony Movie Studio Platinum

Here is another tip for you.
Buy a small box of DVD-RW re-writable discs.
You can use these as test DVDs and erase them later for further use again.
This is what I do when I experiment. If it works, then I re-burn to permanent DVDs.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Sep 2014 00:33 by DoctorZen

Replied by lsuphil on topic Some Videos get flipped upside down (inverted)

Posted 02 Aug 2014 00:49 #3
Thank you so much for you help. After I rendered the video with movie studio, it played back correctly in DVD architect. I have a lot of videos in the ".MOV" file format that will need to be converted to ".MTS". Do you know of a quicker way to do so, other than rendering each one separately with movie studio?
by lsuphil

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Some Videos get flipped upside down (inverted)

Posted 02 Aug 2014 01:13 #4
Are we still talking about the same topic ?
Did you convert .MOV videos into .MTS so you can use them in DVD Architect ?

Video for DVD should be rendered to MPEG-2
I told you to read/watch a specific tutorial that shows you exactly what to do.
Have you looked at this yet ?
I did not tell you to convert .mov into .mts
There is nothing wrong with converting .mov to .mts, if you intend to edit your videos first with Movie Studio Platinum.
However, you shouldn't really be doing this for DVD making.

If you need to Batch Convert large numbers of Videos, the best to to use is a Video Converting program.
These programs can be loaded up with large numbers of video and done altogether.
A good free one is Any Video Converter - free edition.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.841 seconds