Solved Problem loading files into DVDA7

• Thank you received: 16

Problem loading files into DVDA7 was created by BobH

Hello all, hoping somebody can help here; my problem is as follows:

My files are 4k 25p mp4 from an HD camcorder. When my project is finished I render using Sony AVC/MVC to Blu-ray 1920x1080-50i 16 Mbps video stream in order to produce a Blu-ray disc. In most cases I may have just one or two compliant files to take into DVDA 7 without any problem. In the past I have had up to four compliant avc files which I have imported to DVDA 7, again without problems. It usually takes some time for DVDA 7 to import the files but then I proceed without problem.

This time I have 8 compliant avc files to import. I can import 4 or 5 but then I am unable to import the remainder and DVDA 7 then freezes. Any suggestions to overcome this problem? I note that DVDA 7 is a 32 bit program, which is a little surprising with modern 64 bit computers. Could this be where the problem might lie: could there be a memory issue regarding the software? I have 32 GB of memory in my PC so I can't see the problem being there.

All help and suggestions most welcome folks.
Best wishes
BobH
27 Mar 2020 01:03 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1361

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Problem loading files into DVDA7

Hi BobH

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I am not sure what causes this problem. I have never experienced this type of thing on my own computer.
I did a deep Google search and found that some people have reported a similar problem when importing Sony AVC videos.

The only thing I can suggest you do, is try rendering to a different format.
1. Mainconcept MPEG-2
2. MAGIX AVC

Regards
Derek
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
02 Apr 2020 16:58 #2

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by BobH on topic Problem loading files into DVDA7

Thank you Derek for your reply.
I have used Mainconcept MPEG-2 before but file size tends to be larger. I have also used MAGIX AVC but have found when I take them into DVDA they are not compliant and DVDA has to render them again. I have tried this several times with the same outcome. However this was some time ago so perhaps I will give it another go.

I solved my problem by taking my seven project files and forming a nested project in Vegas and then rendering again. This was a very large project of 3 hours or more. I was able to take this and two smaller AVC files into DVDA. It was fine but it took some time to load the files. With large projects I prefer to split them up and render smaller files and then I can make Playlists in DVDA if necessary..

Once again thanks for your help and any further comments will be much appreciated.
BobH
02 Apr 2020 18:48 #3

• Thank you received: 1361

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Problem loading files into DVDA7

Thanks for the report back Bob :)
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
02 Apr 2020 18:57 #4

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2020 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.