VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Problem loading files into DVDA7

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

Problem loading files into DVDA7 was created by BobH

Posted 27 Mar 2020 01:03 #1
Hello all, hoping somebody can help here; my problem is as follows:

My files are 4k 25p mp4 from an HD camcorder. When my project is finished I render using Sony AVC/MVC to Blu-ray 1920x1080-50i 16 Mbps video stream in order to produce a Blu-ray disc. In most cases I may have just one or two compliant files to take into DVDA 7 without any problem. In the past I have had up to four compliant avc files which I have imported to DVDA 7, again without problems. It usually takes some time for DVDA 7 to import the files but then I proceed without problem.

This time I have 8 compliant avc files to import. I can import 4 or 5 but then I am unable to import the remainder and DVDA 7 then freezes. Any suggestions to overcome this problem? I note that DVDA 7 is a 32 bit program, which is a little surprising with modern 64 bit computers. Could this be where the problem might lie: could there be a memory issue regarding the software? I have 32 GB of memory in my PC so I can't see the problem being there.

All help and suggestions most welcome folks.
Best wishes
BobH
Last Edit:27 Mar 2020 17:16 by BobH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Problem loading files into DVDA7

Posted 02 Apr 2020 16:58 #2
Hi BobH

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I am not sure what causes this problem. I have never experienced this type of thing on my own computer.
I did a deep Google search and found that some people have reported a similar problem when importing Sony AVC videos.

The only thing I can suggest you do, is try rendering to a different format.
1. Mainconcept MPEG-2
2. MAGIX AVC

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

Replied by BobH on topic Problem loading files into DVDA7

Posted 02 Apr 2020 18:48 #3
Thank you Derek for your reply.
I have used Mainconcept MPEG-2 before but file size tends to be larger. I have also used MAGIX AVC but have found when I take them into DVDA they are not compliant and DVDA has to render them again. I have tried this several times with the same outcome. However this was some time ago so perhaps I will give it another go.

I solved my problem by taking my seven project files and forming a nested project in Vegas and then rendering again. This was a very large project of 3 hours or more. I was able to take this and two smaller AVC files into DVDA. It was fine but it took some time to load the files. With large projects I prefer to split them up and render smaller files and then I can make Playlists in DVDA if necessary..

Once again thanks for your help and any further comments will be much appreciated.
BobH
Last Edit:02 Apr 2020 18:56 by BobH

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Problem loading files into DVDA7

Posted 02 Apr 2020 18:57 #4
Thanks for the report back Bob :)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.707 seconds