VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved DVD Architect 7.0 and Windows 10 Home

DVD Architect 7.0 and Windows 10 Home was created by rackaouy

Posted 28 Nov 2021 05:09 #1
Hello ! I cannot be the only worried after the last major Windows 10 Update.
I can still make nice menus with a lot of chapters, breakpoints and musical background and EVERYTHING WORKS FINE IN PREVIEW MODE.
When I burn the .ISO file on the blue ray, I can use the Blue Ray only if I ignore the menu. It plays from begining to end. BUT if I try to use the menu EVERYTHING FREEZES and the only way to exit is to turn off the power supply !
I look desperately for HELP !

Last Edit:18 Oct 2023 15:28 by rackaouy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic DVD Architect 7.0 and Windows 10 Home

Posted 29 Nov 2021 13:23 #2
Hi rackaouy

Why do you think a Windows 10 update is responsible for this error ?
I have never heard of a Blu-ray disc freezing Windows 10.

Which Media Player are you using to play Blu-ray discs on your computer ?

Have you tried playing your Blu-ray disc using a Blu-ray player connected to your TV ?
What happens when you play on TV ?

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by rackaouy on topic DVD Architect 7.0 and Windows 10 Home

Posted 29 Nov 2021 19:50 #3
Hello,
My strange problem started just after the last major update. The behaviour is the same on the PC (using Corel WinDVD) or on any Blu Ray Player connected to the TV. I must add that I am one of the last dinosaur using only 3D projects (DVD Architect is a 3D software, the best)...
On DVD Architect, in Preview mode, everything works as expected ! There is something wrong with the making of the ISO file. I did notice it takes now a too lower time to compiling !
Best regards
Raymond
Attachments:

Posted 29 Nov 2021 19:54 #4
Obviously I tried uninstalling and reinstalling DVD Archtect !

Posted 30 Nov 2021 23:41 #5
Hello,

I can only use the main page of the menu. The others freeze the paly...
I know now for sure my problem is 3D Full HD related (Sony avc mvc project). Ii  I play my Blue Ray in 2D everything works...
If I chose another 3D mode (anaglyphs) that works also.

It looks like my only option is to dedicate a PC with Windows 8 installed (what a nightmare !) only for the making of any 3D Full HD Blue Ray... Running DVD Architect in Windows 8 mode does not solve anything... Windows 10 is now missing some component needed for mastering a 3D Full HD Blue Ray with menu (still works without a menu).
Please tell me what you think about it.
It looks like I am the last dinosaur but I know I am not the only 3D fan !
Last Edit:01 Dec 2021 19:31 by rackaouy

Posted 01 Dec 2021 14:51 #6
I've never made a 3D Blu-ray project, so I have no experience or any ideas as to what is causing your problem.
I recommend you post your problem on the official Vegas Forums, were you will get many more "eye balls" to read your post and maybe an answer to this unique problem.
Unfortunately DVD Architect is now a retired product, so there is not more support from Vegas/Magix on this.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/add-ons-forum/
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Posted 05 Dec 2021 03:58 #7
Hello,
I am wondering if there is another way for saving our work which is not a Blu Ray burning (or is it possible to make another file but an .ISO file !

Posted 06 Dec 2021 19:05 #8

I am wondering if there is another way for saving our work which is not a Blu Ray burning (or is it possible to make another file but an .ISO file !

I'm not sure exactly what you mean???

To save any DVD Architect project, go to File/Save As.
This saves your project as a .dar project file, which you can re-open at any time.

To save only an .ISO file for your project, go to Make Blu-ray Disc (at the top).
Then press Prepare - this will create an .ISO file for your project.
Make sure to set the output folder before your start, otherwise you may have trouble finding it.
By default, it creates a folder called My Discs, but you don't have to use that and can set whatever you like,

Posted 06 Dec 2021 19:57 #9
Hello,
Please do not see me as a beginner... I have been a 3D Full HD user for ten years and DVD Architect used to do everything I wanted !
Now it is clear Windows does not support a call made by DVD Architect: Proof is a task which used to take all night takes now two hours(some calls must be just shortcuts now !).
As the .ISO file is wrong this is not the disc burner which is guilty. I have to reinstall Windows 8 on an older computer for running DVD Architect and that is a nightmare...
Obviously if you do not a Full HD project everything still works as before...
Many Thanks for following my problem and I will let you know if I succeed with Windows * (that should work but I have to use a much less powerful PC...).

Posted 12 Dec 2021 19:53 #10
Hello ! I am happy to tell you a caught the beast... I knew we should not replace any (ANY) default folder but i had made an exception for the folder in which I put the compiled file... Worse, this folder was in the D Drive, not on C.
It took me one year to decide to keep ALL default folders and now it looks like DVD Architect works like before in 3D Full HD. These restrictions does not seem important in 2D...

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.898 seconds