VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question DVD Architect buttons

• Brian
  • Brian's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 11

DVD Architect buttons was created by Brian

Posted 19 May 2022 02:23 #1
I hope someone can help.

I have a Panasonic DVD/Bluray player model DMP-BDT120EB.  I have authored a bluray disc with DVD Architect.  There is a top menu with buttons to select one of 4 videos that are attached. Ther is menu music approx 30seconds on a loop.
When playing the disc on my laptop all the buttons function correctly,  selecting a button at any time gets an immediate response, but not in the Panasonic player. pressing the up/down arrows on the player's remote control gets no response unless you happen to press as the end of the loop reaches a certain point, but not every time.  Pressing select on the remote whilst the music is playing has zero effect.
I have experienced this to a much lesser extent on previous discs.  I have not had this when trying discs on a friend's Samsung player.
Is this a hardware problem or do I need to make some changes within the DVD Architect software?
I attach a screenshot of the menu screen in question

Thanks 
Brian
by Brian
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic DVD Architect buttons

Posted 19 May 2022 13:27 #2
Hi Brian

Can you please upload a copy of your .dar DVD Architect project file to the forum.
The .dar file does not contain any video, but will show me all your settings - I can inspect them in case something obvious is wrong.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Brian
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by Brian on topic DVD Architect buttons

Posted 19 May 2022 19:48 #3
Hi Derek,  Thanks for your quick reply.

I attach the .dar file in question.

Regards,  Brian
Last Edit:20 May 2022 12:21 by Brian
Attachments:

Posted 20 May 2022 12:35 #4
Everything in your project looks OK.
I do know that some model Blu-ray players do weird stuff with DVD Architect projects - I have never experienced this myself.

The only thing I can suggest is you post a message on the official VEGAS Pro forums.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/add-ons-forum/
Maybe someone there has experienced a similar problem and knows what the cause is.
Unfortunately not may people are making discs now, so the audience is getting smaller and smaller.

Sorry I can't help with this one.

If you do find a solution, please post a message back here.

Thanks.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Brian
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Posted 20 May 2022 19:08 #5
Thanks for looking into it.  I'll certainly let you know if I find a solution.  However I think this therefore maybe a hardware glitch.

On another note, none of my media players will recognise .avc files. Is this usual?

Best wishes
Brian
by Brian

Replied by ericlnz on topic DVD Architect buttons

Posted 20 May 2022 20:30 #6
Some players do recognise avc.  MPHC plays my Vegas MS created avc files and will even include the audio track if it's in the same folder.  But it doesn't read the file duration so you cannot skip through the file by clicking on the progress bar.
by ericlnz

• Brian
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Posted 21 May 2022 01:30 #7
HI, I wasmeaning the playerson my laptop ie. VLC, Films & TV and Windows Media Player.  Its just that I tried rendering from MSP17 using advanced, Magix AVCHD t920
- 1080 Bluray.  Thought it might help when using DVD Arch to burn a Blyray disc.

by Brian

Posted 21 May 2022 13:10 #8

HI, I wasmeaning the playerson my laptop ie. VLC, Films & TV and Windows Media Player.  Its just that I tried rendering from MSP17 using advanced, Magix AVCHD t920
- 1080 Bluray.  Thought it might help when using DVD Arch to burn a Blyray disc.

Don't render to AVCHD using Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17 - there is actually a BUG with AVCHD output under certain circumstances, that will never be fixed now, because Vegas Movie Studio is now a retired product.

For making every day videos that will play on any Media Player on your computer, you should be using Magix AVC/AAC.
If you use the default templates, they will work.
I actually have an in-depth tutorial on this topic, which you can read here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/vegas-movie-studio/650-how-to-render-video-vegas-movie-studio-17

For making DVDs, there is only one format you should be rendering to, which is MPEG-2.
MPEG-2 is the official supported format for making Standard Definition DVDs.
I have an in-depth tutorial for that as well:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/dvd-architect/532-how-to-render-video-dvd-bluray-menus-sony-vegas-pro

For making Blu-ray discs, you can render to MPEG-2 or AVC.
If you use the default templates for Blu-ray that are already in the program, you can't go wrong.

• Brian
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Posted 21 May 2022 21:11 #9
Hi Derek,  I have solved the button problem  regarding their failure to react when selected.  I attach a screenshot of what I did.  Select each button in turn and change the setting arrowed , which is set to no by default to yes and the button will now respond immediately.

Regarding Bluray rendering I also have attached a screenshot of the selection I tried and it rendered OK but the resultant file is a .avc which Windows media player, Films & TV or VLC Media player on my laptop do not  recognise. I usually use Magix AVC/AAC and the format arrowed in white when rendering.  As I have shot my videos in HD I always burn a Bluray from DVD Arcitect.. 

Brian

by Brian
Attachments:

Posted 23 May 2022 10:51 #10
Thanks for reporting back.

The Magix Blu-ray template is only meant for Blu-ray disc production (because it is an Interlaced format), not for playing back through your Media player on a computer.

It is perfectly OK to render video for playback on your computer or TV, using the Internet HD templates.
It is not only for the Internet !
All the Internet HD templates render as Progressive format - Progressive is the best format for rendering any video and will play on any device.
Interlaced video is an older format and a relic from DVD and old Analogue TV broadcasts.

I use to make Blu-ray discs, but basically don't do so anymore.
Instead, I keep on my videos on my Hard Drive Library and have the ability to stream via Wi-Fi to my home network.
If you have a modern Smart TV, you can set it up to play any video on your computer (or NAS Drive) directly to any device in your home, like TV, laptop, phone, tablet, etc...

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.949 seconds