VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Alternate audio track not rendering out of DVDA

• pkeye
  • pkeye's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

Alternate audio track not rendering out of DVDA was created by pkeye

Posted 01 Nov 2023 01:22 #1
Hello all, 

I am producing a BluRay disk for a feature film. Everything has gone smoothly, menu creation, media renders and so on. I've burned a couple test disks and everything works except....

I want to have an alternate track for a Director's Commentary. I have everything in there and encoded. I have a supplements menu where the track can be selected. When I preview the disk in DVDA I select the track from this menu and it works. I select the track from the remote and it works. However, when I render out and burn the movie it is not there. When I go into the ISO file and streams the alternate audio track is not even rendering. For the life of me I can't figure this out. According to the manual this seems to be possible. And the fact that it works within DVDA puzzles me even more. 

My track has been encoded using Adobe Media Encoder and I've ran it through the same BluRay present for MPEG2 as I did the film. I've tried encoding an AC3 of it but DVDA won't read that. 

Am I missing something?

Thank you for your help. 
Last Edit:19 Nov 2023 15:42 by pkeye

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Alternate audio track not rendering out of DVDA

Posted 01 Nov 2023 20:29 #2
I don't know the answer but try encoding the track as a wav file and ask DVDA to recompress it to AC3.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• pkeye
  • pkeye's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by pkeye on topic Alternate audio track not rendering out of DVDA

Posted 02 Nov 2023 03:59 #3
For whatever reason that worked. Thank you so much.
by pkeye

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.757 seconds