VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to compress and fit a long video on a 4.7GB disk

How to compress and fit a long video on a 4.7GB disk was created by Techman

Posted 10 Mar 2015 14:06 #1
Hello,

I was looking at the subject video on Youtube and followed it to make a DVD of a video I made for 1 hour and 18 minutes. Everything appeared to go well but when I previewed the project in Architect Pro 6.0 I had no audio.

Where could I have gone wrong? I went over the tutorial three more times to see what I missed but with no success.

Please help!
by Techman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to compress and fit a long video on a 4.7GB disk

Posted 10 Mar 2015 17:56 #2
Which tutorial did you watch ?
This is my most up to date tutorial for Vegas Pro and DVD Architect Pro:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/dvd-architect-studio-50/532-how-to-render-video-dvd-bluray-menus-sony-vegas-pro

When you make DVDs, you must render TWO files.
#1. Render MPEG2 video file
#2. Render AC3 audio file

Both files must be given the exact same name and saved to the exact same folder location.
You only need to import the video track into DVDA and the program will automatically find the audio for you.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Techman on topic How to compress and fit a long video on a 4.7GB disk

Posted 11 Mar 2015 01:23 #3
Thank you.

I went ahead to burn the CD even though I didn't find hear any audio. The burn was completed but when I tried to play it back nothing came up. Could there be a relation to the audio not being captured?
by Techman

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to compress and fit a long video on a 4.7GB disk

Posted 11 Mar 2015 15:10 #4
Hi Techman

You didn't answer my question and I have no idea what you are doing.

What workflow are you using ?
Which tutorial did you watch ?
Use the Preview function in DVD Architect Pro before you attempt to burn any discs.
If it doesn't work in Preview, it is not going to work on a disc.

Why are you talking about CDs ?
I thought you were making DVDS ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Techman on topic How to compress and fit a long video on a 4.7GB disk

Posted 12 Mar 2015 01:22 #5
Hello again,

My apologies. The name of the video is the same as my topic, and you are correct I am talking about DVD's.
Nevertheless, I realized that both renders were not in the same folder so I corrected it and it went well.
Thanks for the help and a wonderful site.

I bought 2 Canon VIXIA HG20 AVCHD 60GB HDD camcorder about 6 years ago and have been looking for a site like this since then.

I am happy that I found it.
by Techman

Posted 12 Mar 2015 09:57 #6
I'm glad you got it sorted out :woohoo:

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.787 seconds