VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Compatibility issues with conversion from Windows 7 to WIndows 10 with Architech Pro 6?

I have tried several times to use AP6 to create both a DVD and BD Movie with a Menu and each time I have tried to do so for my new movie, AP6 gets bogged down and stalls well into the rendering process. I should also mention that I use the 5.1 Surround Sound audio format since I have that capability with both my computer and my camera. It appears to bog down when rendering the audio. Is anyone else having this problem and what solution, if any is there? I am wondering if there are compatibility issues with Windows 10. I truly enjoy using WIndows 10 w/Vegas Pro 13.

I have had to revert to using AStudio 5 with no problem, but would like to use AP6 as it seems to have more features that would be beneficial, if it would only work.

Also, I have very recently purchased the update from Sound Forge to Sound Forge Pro; should I be aware of anything before installing it on my W - 10 System?

Thank you kindly for considering this observation and request.
RLR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I have not experienced any problems with using Vegas Pro 13 and DVD Architect Pro 6.

Have you been preparing/rendering your Video and Audio tracks in Vegas Pro 13 and then importing them into DVDA Pro 6 ?

Rendering Video
I would recommend using MPEG2 for rendering video for a DVD and Blu-ray disc.

Rendering Audio for 5.1 Surround Sound
When making a DVD and Blu-ray, you should be rendering to Dolby Digital AC-3 Pro / 5.1 Surround DVD

Make sure your Project Properties in Vegas Pro 13, have the Audio tab set to 5.1 Surround Sound.
Make sure the Project Properties in DVDA Pro are also set to AC-3 5.1 Surround Sound.

If your Project Properties are not set properly in DVDA, the program will try to re-render your video and audio, which is not good.
If the files have been prepared properly in Vegas Pro, DVDA only has to prepare and burn files directly - it should not be re-rendering anything in the project.

5.1 Surround for Blu-ray is not supported in DVD Architect Studio 5, only DVD Architect Pro 6.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Thank you kindly for your very quick response. In checking my BD settings I noticed that I had overlooked the setting for frames per second and while I had 29.97 fps in SVP13, the setting in DVDAP6 was 24 fps. Once I changed this, I had no messages about rendering video and it did not render video; it prepared the image and burned the disk and this happened in about 45 minutes time as compared with hours before and then still would not complete burning. (Happy day!) BUT a new problem has now popped up. Although, when I do the preview prior to the burning process, and all of the Surround Sound 5.1 channels play correctly during the preview, after the disk is burned only the front channels play the narration sound when I play the disc and in my movie most of the narration sound except for interviews and etc. was placed on the rear channels timeline. In addition now the music plays through on all channels???, and some of the music I have in the video was set to play on the front speakers only. I used the Surround Sound speaker slider settings at various places on the timelines to do this and like I already stated when I do the preview in DVDAP6 it plays correctly, exactly as I play back the SVP13 timelines when I am working in the SVP13 program. Could the problem be with the Dolby Pro 5.1 Surround rendering (which does not make sense to me since it plays in preview correctly), and I should try a different 5.1 rendering setting? (if so which one?)

Incidentally, when I burn my movie onto a DVD which must be compressed due to the size of my movie (using DVDA5) the discs burn correctly and the 5.1 audio plays back exactly as it should when I play the disc. When I burn the DVD I am compressing a 9.6 Gig file to an 8.5 Gig disc which means the file must be compressed to 7.9 Gig to get it to burn on an 8.5 disc. When I tried this on DVDAP6 again the program would not work correctly apparently due to the necessity to compress and rerender.
RLR

5.1 Audio
Editing 5.1 Audio is a complex affair and takes quite a lot of time to master properly.

Make sure your speakers are configured properly in the Vegas Preferences.
Go to Options/Preferences/Audio Device.
Check Audio Device Type - Windows Classic Wave Driver is best for most people, however it may vary depending on your hardware configuration.
Then check that the correct speakers are associated with the right channels - if it is mis-configured here, it could cause quite a lot of confusion.

Are you Editing and Previewing the 5.1 Audio on the same device you are playing back the final burnt disc on ?
As a general comment, people often edit and preview a DVD/Blu-ray project on their computer, but then view/listen to the final burnt discs on a totally different device like TV and Blu-ray player. Make sure both computer and TV/Blu-ray player have 5.1 Audio channels connected to the correct output channels.

What I recommend you do, is buy some re-writable DVDs and Blu-ray discs, which you can experiment with instead of wasting discs.
Then burn some 5 minute test projects with simple 5.1 audio tracks set to different combinations and try to diagnose where the problem is. Make sure the test project is NOT the project you are working on right now. Create an audio track where you talk into just one channel/speaker at a time by saying: Front Left, Front Right, Back Left, Back Right, Center....Don't do any fancy panning on first test project, but do that on a 2nd test audio track and compare.

Compressing Video
I do not recommend compressing video using tools in DVD Architect.
You should instead render to Custom Bit Rates in Vegas Pro, which will make the file smaller before importing into DVDA.
I have in in-depth tutorial on this topic here:
How to Compress and Fit a Long Video onto a DVD
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:11 Nov 2015 14:58 by DoctorZen

After receiving your last remarks on 11 Nov. 2015, as you suggested I experimented with no success to get my burn disc to play my rear, center, and LFE, channels, etc. So I went into Sony Vegas Pro 13 (SVP13) "Help" to see if I had overlooked something, and I read something that said I had to tell SVP13 to include all my channels when doing "Rendering As." So I opened up "Rendering As" and discovered in the Output Format it is important to open "More Filter Options." In "More Filter Options," on the Audio Side, there is a box that must be checked at "Match project audio channel count." I checked the box and guess what, my 5.1 surround sound played back perfectly on all channels from the burned disc. This would be a good tip item to be included in any possible future instructional video on using Surround Sound.

Lesson to me: sometimes it actually does help to use "Help."

Best regards,
Ron Reimer
RLR

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.710 seconds