VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Getting AC3 sound into DVD Architect

Getting AC3 sound into DVD Architect was created by kiwihans

Posted 18 Nov 2015 19:12 #1
It's been a long time since I tried producing a standard MPEG2 DVD. My source video is a classic movie and the only available copy is on VHS tape. I captured the movie through a Canopus ADVC 110 to digitise the movie to AVI.
I then inserted some markers on the timeline at various points in the movie to become chapters. This worked fine. I rendered the movie to MPG2 (without sound) and then rendered the movie again to get an AC3 sound file. Both were giving the same filename and placed in the same folder.

Going accros to DVD architect Pro 6 I imported the MPG2 file without a problem. Architect did NOT import the AC3 sound file. I therefore have a movie without sound! I already expected a problem when I did not get any sound while doing a preview. (would you expect to get sound at that stage?)
I would find it very helpful if someone could suggest some possible causes as to why the AC3 file is not being picked up by Architect!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Getting AC3 sound into DVD Architect

Posted 18 Nov 2015 20:07 #2
Did you name the MPEG2 video file and AC-3 audio file the exact same name and save them to the exact same folder?
If you don't do this, DVD Architect won't know where the file is.

Example: myproject.mpg and myproject.ac3

The audio will be heard in the DVD Architect Preview Window, if it was matched properly.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:18 Nov 2015 20:08 by DoctorZen

Replied by kiwihans on topic Getting AC3 sound into DVD Architect

Posted 19 Nov 2015 06:15 #3
I have found the culprit. It had to be a mis-match somewhere. I was working with a movie in avi format. When I rendered the video component, I named this "Illustrious Energy". I then rendered the audio with a slight change: "Illustrious energy" Note the "E".
This was obviously enough to upset the apple cart so to speak. I tried renaming the AC3 file - now with a capital "E" so that both video and audio files would be identical. Surprisingly this made no difference.

In the next day or so, I will go back in and remake the whole project - this time with absolute identical file names! Thanks for the help.
Last Edit:20 Apr 2016 18:38 by kiwihans

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.762 seconds