VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How do I add a new page to an existing Blu-ray video using DVD Architect Studio 5.0 ?

I have created a wedding video of my grand daughter and I find that I want to add a second page so I can add some more sub menus. I have inserted a second page via insert page but I am not sure how to proceed from here to add the additional clips I want to add.. Also, can Imove sub clips from the main menu to the second page and how would I do that?
thanks for your help
Don
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
by D4Stone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Don

To speed things up, can you please email me a copy of your .dar DVD Architect project file.
It will only be a tiny file and does not contain video, but I will be able to see your menu structure and give you a quick answer.

help @ moviestudiozen . com
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Thanks for the .dar file.
I got it twice.

Your menu is functioning 100% OK.
Add videos onto the 2nd menu the same way you did on Menu 1 - drag and drop the video files directly onto Menu 2 and links will automatically be created.

If you actually mean something else, and want to add Scene Selection Menus from inside of just ONE of the original video clips, right-click video from disc menu and select Insert Scene Selection Menu. Then you can drag & drop onto Menu 2. Please note this will only work if you have already added Marker points in the original video files. If you haven't, you can double-click a video (from disc menu on left) and then use M for marker and insert scene selection points on the DVD Architect timeline.

Out of interest, did you follow this tutorial of mine or an older different one ?
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/dvd-architect-studio-50/528-how-to-render-video-dvd-bluray-menus-sony-movie-studio-platinum
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Thank you so much for the quick response. I did use the tutorial you linked above. I have used both the new and the old one however in learning how to use DVDA. Both were most helpful. I need to clarify one thing however, "How can I move a couple of the clips I have already located on Menu 1 onto Menu 2. Can I drag them from menu 1 to menu 2 or must I delete them from menu 1 and install them on menu 2 ?
by D4Stone

Double-click NEXT PAGE arrow in Menu 1.
Then drag whatever videos you want to also have in Menu 2.
This then creates more links for you.
You can link the same videos as many times as you like, onto different menus.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: D4Stone

While playing around with this before receiving your reply to my question, (thank you very much for the illustration and explanation) I moved the 2 clips to page 2 like you explained BUT I deleted the links from page 1. I am guessing they should not be deleted in case I want a Play All button. Would that be correct?
by D4Stone

I'm getting confused here with what you are trying to achieve :silly:

If you don't want some of the videos showing in Menu 1, but only in Menu 2, you should be deleting all links that are not in use from Menu 1.
Hope that makes sense.

If for some reason you do want the same videos showing in two different Menus, you will have to keep all links intact.

Play all has nothing to do with links and everything to do with original video files imported into root directory for disc.
Play all = A Playlist.
You can right-click top of root directory OR right-click inside of any Menu screen and select Insert Playlist (play all).
Then select which videos you want included in play all, playlist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D4Stone

Got it!!! That is what I needed to know. Thank you for your patience. I really appreciate your help.
by D4Stone

I'm glad we got there safely in the end :wink:

When I was growing up, my Dad liked to take the whole family on "short cuts", whenever we went on a journey in the car.
It always seemed to take longer in reality, however we got to see many things that most people never knew existed, because we were actually taking the "scenic cut" :cheer:

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.958 seconds