VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Best video camera for under $500???

Best video camera for under $500??? was created by Weaver Video Productions

Posted 12 Sep 2014 10:45 #1
What is the best video camera for shooting events, weddings, and home videos for under $500?

I currently have a Sony HDR-CX110 that shoots decent video quality for shooting outdoors but shoots terrible in low light. My camera has 1/4" inch Exmor R CMOS sensor. I looked at the Canon Vixia HF G20 and it costs around $900 to $1,100. I can't afford anything that is above $500. I already spent a lot of money on my new video editing computer and Vegas Pro 12 Suite and a lot of other things for my video business.

I'm on a really tight budget right now and I'm still in college and don't have a lot of money. Is there any video camera that shoots good video quality in low light that is under $500? I'm looking for a video camera that has a larger sensor and can capture a very sharp and clear image. I already have a audio solution using the Zoom H1 Handy Recorder for sync audio. I know that Canon and Sony are very competitive.

What do you think of the Sony Alpha A3000? Is that a good video camera for consumers? Which is cheaper camcorders or DSLRs?

What are your suggestions? Let me know in the comment section below.
PC SPECS:
Intel i7-4770K @ 3.5GHz
16GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (2GB)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

EDITING:
Vegas Pro 12
DVD Architect Pro 6
Sound Forge Pro 11
HitFilm 2 Ultimate

VIDEO EQUIPMENT:
Canon Vixia HF S20
Sony HDR-CX110

AUDIO:
ZOOM H1
Rode VideoMic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Best video camera for under $500???

Posted 13 Sep 2014 01:40 #2
I think the best idea is to get a 2nd hand or new DSLR camera from eBay or Amazon.
One of the best value cameras you can use that shoots good video in low light conditions, is a Canon T3i, T4i, t5i or 60D.

The T3i is an all time classic.
It is now discontinued and replaced with T4i and T5i.
You can get great deals with all these models 2nd hand and new.
The 60D is an older model at great prices now - new model is 70D.

Most film makers will tell you that the above models are great for learning how to shoot great video and for taking still images.

There are a many great teachers on YouTube that use to use these model cameras.
Check out all the older videos from these channels:
www.youtube.com/user/drumat5280
www.youtube.com/user/Andyax
www.youtube.com/user/Neumannfilms
philipbloom.net/
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:02 Oct 2015 20:15 by DoctorZen

Replied by StefanL on topic Best video camera for under $500???

Posted 08 Jan 2016 05:47 #3
I'd suggest to look into some mirrorless cameras in that price-range. Check out this article for tips on buying a video camera in 2016.
by StefanL

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.771 seconds