VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved I need to have/use an excellent program to capture Analog video to digital like VHS tapes etc.

I use the Terratec GRABSTER AV450MX for capturing and converting Analog video from old |VHS tapes the program that came with the hardware is not so good.
I need your help.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I just re-read the subject line for your post and can now understand what you are asking. I'm sorry if my reply did not sound right.
For some reason I only focused on the message inside your post, so it read like I statement instead of a question. :blush:
I haven't transferred any VHS to DVD for long time, so I am out of touch with what you can buy today.
Here is a list of current capture devices for 2016.
vhs-to-dvd-converters-review.toptenreviews.com/

I hope some of the other forum members can add to this, because I know some of them have recommended capture devices in the recent past.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ioannis Margaritis

I use my Digital video camera by feeding the VHS player into the camera and that does the digital conversion. From the video camera I feed the output by firewire to my computer. You then end up with an AVI file which you can do whatever you like with.

Bill
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Ioannis Margaritis, Eagle Six

For a capture device I've been using EZCap 172 w/o any problems. I've used it for over two dozen videos - both VHS & Hi8. On Amazon it's also essentially just like the TOTMC USB 2.0 - both are US$20. It comes w/ ArcSoft video capture s/w that creates a .mpg that can then be imported into Movie Studio for editing & rendering.
by Andy
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Ioannis Margaritis

I used to use an ADVC 110 which passed the video and sound from the VHS tape (being played on a VHS player) to a digital format which I captured in my PC and into Vegas using a firewire (essential) and was very pleased with the results. This does not call for a separate programme. Sometimes you may need a VHS player which will have time base correction but these are hard to come by these days.

Richard
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Ioannis Margaritis

First of all I would like to thank all of you Doctor Zen, BillTweedy, Andy and Richard Jones for you kind help.
You have made me to focus on some very good products in the market and as soon as I will find a solution to my problem (for good) I will come back with my news.
Thank you very much one more time.
John.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.239 seconds