VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Storing HD 50p and 4K footage on a My Passport Cinema?

Storing HD 50p and 4K footage on a My Passport Cinema? was created by Eagle eye.

Posted 22 Mar 2016 17:43 #1
Hi Derek would like to hear your take on this new product My Passport Cinema from Western Digital. Could I edit my 1920x1080 50p footage on MSP 13 and after rendering store the movie on the WD My Passport Cinema. Also if I had a 4k camera could I do the same thing. Then I could plug the WD MPC into the 4K TV USB and play it back? I'm not interested in the free 4K movies on offer just the ability to use it like a media player. Not sure if its available in Aussie as its not in NZ. I think/hope this could have been what a few of us have been waiting for. Perhaps even better that the expense of Disc media and hardware that would be needed?
Last Edit:23 Mar 2016 13:35 by Eagle eye.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Storing HD 50p and 4K footage on a My Passport Cinema?

Posted 23 Mar 2016 13:36 #2
I will look at this when I get some time.
Things have gone a bit crazy at the moment :woohoo:
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle eye.

Replied by Eagle eye. on topic Storing HD 50p and 4K footage on a My Passport Cinema?

Posted 24 Mar 2016 07:05 #3
For me the question of storage of HD video and possibly 4K video that can be accessed by my Smart TV is of great interest to me currently. I have a couple of TP link power adapters one of which is connected by Ethernet cable to my computer and plugged into the mains. The other mains adapter is connected to the Smart TV by Ethernet cable in another part of the house. This provides a simple hardwired network using the house mains. I have been talking to my local computer shop and they are steering me toward NAS storage rather that the afore mentioned WD My Passport Cinema. NAS is a bit expensive though at round NZ$700 to setup. This could be a good topic to start discussion on the subject of storage for the future of HD/UHD video storage. :unsure:
Last Edit:21 Jun 2020 11:47 by Eagle eye.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.228 seconds