VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Need Suggestions about Motherboard Drivers

Need Suggestions about Motherboard Drivers was created by shaheer99ali

Posted 11 Mar 2022 01:30 #1
Manual Or Automatic Installation Of Motherboard Drivers. which is best? as I have read many articles regarding motherboard drivers but still confuse, which option is best to go for? one should manually install motherboard driver? or it is better to rely on automatic installing process?
Last Edit:12 Mar 2022 13:27 by shaheer99ali

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Need Suggestions about Motherboard Drivers

Posted 11 Mar 2022 11:15 #2
Hi shaheer99ali

Can you tell me which exact brand and model your Motherboard is ?

Once I know what model you have, I can tell you a more specific answer.

2 days ago I had to re-install Windows, which meant I also had to reinstall my Motherboard's drivers.
So this topic is very fresh in my mind.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by shaheer99ali on topic Need Suggestions about Motherboard Drivers

Posted 12 Mar 2022 00:10 #3
thanks for your reply, My motherboard is MSI Meg X570 Unify Motherboard

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Need Suggestions about Motherboard Drivers

Posted 12 Mar 2022 13:17 #4
I have found your Support page here:
www.msi.com/Motherboard/MEG-X570-UNIFY/support
MSI has good up-to-date drivers you can download direct from their website.

I'm also using an X570 Motherboard and Ryzen 5800X, so I'm familiar with the type of drivers you need.

Are you using Windows 10 or Windows 11 ?
Make sure to download versions that support your operating system.

1. After you find out which BIOS version your Motherboard is using, I highly recommend you install the latest "official" BIOS, if you have an older version that needs updating.
There have been many bugs with X570 and Ryzen, so it's important to have best BIOS installed.
Just DON'T install Beta versions! They are too risky. Wait until it doesn't say [Beta version] and install latest version.
As of 12th March 2022, you need to use BIOS 7C35vAA (2021-06-29).
www.msi.com/Motherboard/MEG-X570-UNIFY/support#down-bios
Make sure to find GOOD instructions for how to install BIOS on MSI M/B, otherwise you can brick your Motherboard.

**SPECIAL NOTE: I was reading a few days ago, that a new bug has been discovered with Ryzen CPU Motherboards, that affects Security Chip.
Everyone is waiting for new BIOS version that fixes the problem. It won't be released until later on. Keep checking for new BIOS version in future.
www.neowin.net/news/amd-pcs-are-stuttering-on-windows-10-and-11-due-to-ftpm-bug-temporary-workaround-out/

2. Download and install all Drivers - set to W10 or W11.
www.msi.com/Motherboard/MEG-X570-UNIFY/support#down-driver&Win11%2064
AMD Chipset Driver is very important! This version is more up-to-date than official release on AMD website, so get version from MSI.

3. Utilities
www.msi.com/Motherboard/MEG-X570-UNIFY/support#down-utility
MSI Center is control panel for Motherboard and Fan curves.

AMD Ryzen Master
I have an ASUS Motherboard. I learnt the hard way, to NEVER use ASUS Control Panel to control CPU settings!
I would guess the same is true for MSI Center (control panel).

The BEST solution for AMD Ryzen users, is to install and use Ryzen Master.
This is 1000% better for overclocking and monitoring.
www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

Windows Update
Make sure to install all drivers from MSI and AMD first.
Windows will try to install older crap versions of Drivers!
After all Drivers are installed, then you can run Windows Update after installing Windows.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:20 Mar 2022 13:21 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: shaheer99ali

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.788 seconds