VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea X399 Designare EX AMD Ryzen Threadripper TR4 ATX

X399 Designare EX AMD Ryzen Threadripper TR4 ATX was created by championroma

Posted 16 Mar 2022 23:52 #1
I bought this motherboard GIGABYTE X399 Designare EX AMD Ryzen Threadripper TR4 ATX DDR4 Motherboard. I noticed there is are 2 ATX connections on the board at upper left of the board. One is a 4 pin ATX 12V_2 and the other is the 8 pin ATX 12V_1. Do both of these need to be supplied power, or just the 8 pin connector.
best dancase a4 sfx louge ghost
finally found something on youtube about the ATX 1 & 2 power connections. At the 1 hour 10 minute spot on the video is where he connects the power cables.
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 12:09 by championroma

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic X399 Designare EX AMD Ryzen Threadripper TR4 ATX

Posted 17 Mar 2022 18:57 #2
Hello championroma

I am the MSZ Forum Moderator.
You have posted two different forum messages within 7 minutes of each other.

I have moved your first message into a new forum thread here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/general-computer-hardware/3113-ryzen-2700x-processor-and-an-msi-b450m-gaming-plus-motherboard#15559

In your first message, you ask about a Ryzen 2700x processor and an MSI B450m gaming plus motherboard.
Then in your 2nd message (7 minutes later), you have said you bought a GIGABYTE X399 Designare EX AMD Ryzen Threadripper TR4 ATX DDR4 Motherboard.

I will assume we can all ignore your first message.
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/general-computer-hardware/3113-ryzen-2700x-processor-and-an-msi-b450m-gaming-plus-motherboard#15559
Is it safe to assume this ?

Have you also bought an AMD Threadripper CPU to go with the GIGABYTE X399 Motherboard ?

Many higher powered CPUs have 2x sets of power inputs.
The second one is normally only used if you plan to do any overclocking.

I would recommend you post questions about specific motherboards on the Linus Tech Tips Forum.
This would be a much better place to ask for help on these topics.
linustechtips.com/

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by jackaustin on topic X399 Designare EX AMD Ryzen Threadripper TR4 ATX

Posted 12 May 2022 22:56 #3
I recently bought an AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with a Gigabyte B550 DS3H MoBo for under £400, I think the CPU was 279 and the mobo 69. I went for the G as GPUs are stupid money and I needed integrated GFX at least as it was a new build. Ram For Ryzen 7 5800x The only downside is it can only address PCIe 3.0 instead of 4.0 and is rated for 3200MHz RAM - but its quick, low wattage, and the stock cooler it ships with keeps it cool under loads well enough.
Last Edit:13 May 2022 21:47 by jackaustin

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.723 seconds