VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved List of Cards Supporting GPU Acceleration in Sony Vegas products

Hi Derek,

I had a look around the forum briefly, but could not find a definitive list of cards that Sony will allow GPU enhanced rendering.... I want to upgrade my GForce card which is not supported... but need the list so I can shop til I drop! Sony's site is vague about it also.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

So then I read the thread about old card, new computer and found some of the requirements, but when I shop online locally in Canada, there are of course many manufacturers using the Radeaon chipset.

Looking at this one

ASUS Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3 (EAH6450 SILENT/DI/1GD3(LP)
- 625 MHz Clock, 1200 MHz Memory
- PCI Express 2.1, D-Sub, DVI, HDMI

Would that cut it? B)

My system is older and I beleive I can only run PCI express 2.1, so that would work in that sense.

Hi

This post of mine explains everything about selecting Graphics Cards for Vegas in 2015.
I have listed the best models in the message.
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/graphics-cards/151-new-computer-old-card#390

If your computer is an older system, I would recommend buying a 2nd hand Nvidia GTX400 or GTX500 series graphics card of eBay.
I am still using a GTX460 and it works great with Vegas Pro 13 and Movie Studio Platinum 13.

I would not recommend Radeon HD 6450 - this is too basic and small to be of any practical use. It won't give you a performance boost because it has a very small amount (160) of Stream Processors.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:28 Mar 2015 01:19 by DoctorZen

Thanks, will have a look around, always on a budget....

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.777 seconds