VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved PC Spec for VP12 to edit raw XAVC footage

• CeeDee
  • CeeDee's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 13

Replied by CeeDee on topic PC Spec for VP12 to edit raw XAVC footage

Posted 09 Apr 2015 18:48 #11
Thanks a lot mmcswnavy24! I do appreciate you sharing your experience. I will most certainly go with the Asus X99-S and upgrade the cooling option.

Cheers!

Thanks to Dex as well.
Both your contributions have helped me arrive at a pretty powerful DVE machine which should be furute proofed for a good while. Now to find that Money Tree that Derek mentioned......in your back garden is it....? Mmmmm......
Sony Vegas Pro 15, DVD Architect 9, Acid Music Studio 9, Sound Forge Audio Studio 10, Photoshop Elements 9
PC: Intel six Core i7 Processor i7-5820K (3.3GHz) 15MB Cache
ASUS® X99-S: ATX, HSW-E CPU, USB 3.0, SATA 6 GB/s
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 RAM
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X
by CeeDee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CeeDee
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Posted 04 May 2015 06:34 #12
Well guys, here is the final spec I went with (which cost an arm and a leg) and OMG was it worth it!! Vegas Pro takes on a whole new dimension of speed and smoothness and as for N.B. effects / titles etc: WOW!

I now know what I have been missing all these years.

Coolermaster silencio 452 quiet mid tower case
Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-5820K (3.3GHz) 15MB Cache
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 2133MHz (4 x 8GB)
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X - DVI, HDMI, mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
CORSAIR 650W VS SERIES™ VS-650 POWER SUPPLY
Corsair H60 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence
FREE Upgrade to Windows 10 with all Windows 7 & Windows 8.1 Purchases*
Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Sony Vegas Pro 15, DVD Architect 9, Acid Music Studio 9, Sound Forge Audio Studio 10, Photoshop Elements 9
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 RAM
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X
by CeeDee

Replied by DoctorZen on topic PC Spec for VP12 to edit raw XAVC footage

Posted 04 May 2015 17:11 #13
Hi Chris

If you know how to make video screen recordings, it would be great if you could make a video for us all.
Walk us through the program working on your new machine.

Derek :woohoo:
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• CeeDee
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Posted 05 May 2015 05:10 #14
I would love to if I was able to do it! Don't have a clue how you achieve your marvelous tutorials.
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 RAM
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X
by CeeDee

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic PC Spec for VP12 to edit raw XAVC footage

Posted 05 May 2015 08:56 #15
Hi CeeDee :)

Would also love to see your new "Beast" in action! I can't remember which screen capture program The Doc uses (he does mention in one of his videos), but I use the free one from Microsoft, Microsoft Expression Encoder 4. Had to play around with it to learn, but used it for a video I did for my Aunt and Uncle in Michigan on how to create extra user accounts, so they could each have their own on the computer I built them. You'll just have to do a little practicing with it, which is what I did, and there are a few helpful videos on YouTube. Of course, there are the purchased ones as well. And since you now have a "Beast-of-a-Machine", you can also try something like Open Broadcast Software (OBS) or X-Split, which are both very popular with the game streaming crowd. I have not tried either one, so can't (or shall I say won't) comment on there effectiveness/ease of use, etc. With my Gigabyte build, I had a choice with the Asrock X99X Killer which had a 6-month trial subscription with X-Split, or the MSI boards (namely the gaming series ones) that had a full two-year license. Again, I cannot comment on how either OBS or X-Split work. Again, feel that no matter what you may want to go with, you are just going to have to view some of those YouTube videos, and just get "down and dirty" with the program by "playing around with it" (that's what I always told my old boss about Windows Server products! ;) Good Luck !

p.s. to be fair to Derek, I don't want to put any links to items within his forums so as to not have any chance of something bad happening from the link.
MPO
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.

• CeeDee
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Posted 10 Jun 2015 06:33 #16
Having now edited and produced 2 x 1 hour XAVC /Mpeg4 videos and 1x 20min Mpeg4 video I can say quite catagorically that Vegas Pro 13 + Titler Pro 4 works like a dream with Sony XAVC (long-GOP) raw footage. The new afporementioned hardware has proven its worth: renders of 23GB XAVC videos take no longer than 1 hour 45mins and Mpeg4 renders from the same footage just 2 hours 30mins. Thanks to the great advice given on this forum that steered me to the right combination of hardware components the results have been superb and a joy to work with.
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 RAM
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X
by CeeDee

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.770 seconds