VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved NVIDIA GeForce GT 430

NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 was created by Timgraphics

Posted 28 May 2014 04:44 #1
Hello

Tim here - just joined the forum, I am in the UK

I am thinking of getting Vegas Pro 13 while it is on offer. I have an NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 card. Should I improve performance using CUDA and how would I go about this? I am not sure what CUDA is!

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic NVIDIA GeForce GT 430

Posted 28 May 2014 12:33 #2
Hi Tim

The Graphics Card you have is only a very basic GPU.
Your GPU only has 96 CUDA Cores - which are simply put, processing cores in the graphics card.
www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-430
This card will work with Vegas Pro, however you are not going to see a huge performance gain just because you have this card. To see a marked increase in processing power, you would need at least 300+ Cuda Cores.
Graphics Card Compatibility and Vegas Pro is a very large a complex topic.
AMD Radeon Cards now work better in Vegas Pro than the newest Nvidia Cards using Cuda.
In a large article I wrote about selecting parts for a Computer Build, I have some good information about this topic.
Read this, Go about 1/3 the way down. Section is marked with PINK TEXT.
How to Select Hardware Parts for a Desktop Computer Build

You should ALWAYS download the Trial Version of any software before purchase, to make sure it is actually going to work on your computer !

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Sep 2014 00:27 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Timgraphics

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.692 seconds