VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea Saving YouTube video clips to a download folder.

Saving YouTube video clips to a download folder. was created by kiwihans

Posted 19 Dec 2015 06:44 #1
Can anyone point me to a software program that allows You Tube video clips to my PC. My system is Win 7, Chrome is my internet browser. Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Saving YouTube video clips to a download folder.

Posted 19 Dec 2015 07:05 #2
Hi kiwihans,

I don't use Chrome, but I would think, like Firefox, it too would have available some add-on to provide for YouTube video downloads. Hopefully there are some Chrome users here to recommend their favorite add-on.

You might also use this method.....go to the YouTube video you wish to download, click on the url. Edit the url by inserting two s's as ss in front of youtube...so it looks like this www.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=1FsdbcTFGnc , don't change anything else, just insert the ss, then press the enter key and that should take you to SaveFrom.net. Give SaveFrom time to do it's magic to bring up the video. Select the format for the download, click on Download. It has worked for me in the past in Firefox.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:19 Dec 2015 07:09 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: kiwihans

Replied by kiwihans on topic Saving YouTube video clips to a download folder.

Posted 19 Dec 2015 09:12 #3
Thanks George! Put the SS in front like you said. There appears to be a catch. After downloading 3 clips it comes with a message you cannot continue without registering and there are also a variety of "traps" that try to ensnare you to buy other programs...
Cheers, Hans Gelton./

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Saving YouTube video clips to a download folder.

Posted 19 Dec 2015 09:30 #4
Yes, Hans, I agree you have to avoid the annoying traps. I doubt I ever downloaded more than 1 at a time using that method. It may also have a timeout that will reset the download clock, maybe not. Well....you got 3 until you find something better. If I'm not mistaken Chrome does have extensions. Maybe there is a video download extension that would work for you.

If not, you may want to try Firefox. There are several add-on's for Firefox to allow YouTube downloads that I use frequently.
Best Regards......George

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Saving YouTube video clips to a download folder.

Posted 19 Dec 2015 12:26 #5
Hi Kiwi Hans and Eagle Six

There are more YouTube downloaders than stars in our Galaxy, and many of them have black holes circling nearby.

I use a non-frills downloader that works perfectly with no hidden catches.
Download Any Video Converter free edition www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Step 1 - Copy YouTube video URL address - make sure it is just video address and not a Playlist address.

Step 2 - Open Any Video Converter and press Add URL's

Step 3 - Press GREEN + button

Step 4 - Copy URL address and press Start Download

Video will be downloaded into This PC/Videos/Any Video Converter/YouTube
It will download the 720p version. Because of YouTube protocols, it has become literally impossible for any downloader to grab higher than 720p versions - this is deliberate on YouTube's behalf.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:19 Dec 2015 12:27 by DoctorZen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: kiwihans, Eagle Six

Replied by kiwihans on topic Saving YouTube video clips to a download folder.

Posted 19 Dec 2015 13:30 #6
As per usual - perfect directions clear as can be followed. Excellent work! I reckon you have done some adult teaching courses!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.781 seconds