VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Rendering time enormous

Rendering time enormous was created by huskereurocat

Posted 08 Oct 2016 12:56 #1
I just rendered a 20:40 minute video that took well over two hours to render. Tell me that isn't normal. I included my settings below to see what I may be doing wrong. I am recording in Open Broadcaster at 60fps which isn't on the screenshot.

Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:08 Oct 2016 15:49 by huskereurocat
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Rendering time enormous

Posted 08 Oct 2016 16:03 #2
Hi Huskereurocat

There are a few reasons why your render time is sooooooo long.

I can see in your preview window that your Project Properties are set to 1600x900-60 fps.
Your render settings say 1280x720-59.94 fps and you have Two Pass filter turned on.

If your original video was actually recorded at 60fps and not 59.94fps, it would be better if you also set the Frame Rate in your render settings to 60fps and not 59.94fps. This small change may help speed the render up.

Two Pass filter doubles your render times. So if you turn that setting off, your render will take half the amount of time.

The third thing affecting your render times, is the video is being converted from 1600x900 to 1280x720.
This always adds a lot of time to rendering.
When the source video and output video settings use the identical Frame Size, this makes it a lot easier to encode.

The fourth factor is 60fps video.
Higher frame rate video always takes longer to render, because there are more frames to encode.

The fifth thing to check is your Encode Mode.
Make sure your Graphics Card is an Nvidia - only CUDA works with Nvidia.
If your Graphics Card is a model GTX 600 or higher, it will not really help with rendering.
In this case, CPU only may work better.

Finally, make sure GPU Acceleration is turned ON in settings.
Go to Options/Preferences/Video/GPU Acceleration - set Graphics Card.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Rendering time enormous

Posted 09 Oct 2016 11:49 #3
Thank you Derek! Changed the settings to the things that you suggested and cut the rendering time by over half the time. YT doesn't seem to be affected.
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Rendering time enormous

Posted 09 Oct 2016 13:58 #4
Cool :)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.739 seconds