VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Rendering to DVD

Rendering to DVD was created by Don Pedro

Posted 09 Mar 2017 01:13 #1
Hello. I have finished a video project and wanted to make a DVD. I was using your Youtube tutorial as a guide, step by step. I didn't get far as Movie Studio said I was using (or trying to use) a "read only" file. I was attempting to go through the DVD making process with my finished timeline on the screen. Do I first need to make a movie and "save to hard drive" and then upload the movie back into the Movie Studio timeline in order to make a DVD?
Thanks mucho for any help regarding my confusion on this matter.
Well, I tried to "burn to DVD" directly from original timeline AND a 2nd attempt after "save to hard drive".
Both failed after it initially seemed to be working.
I selected "burn to DVD", went through the pop ups, video size (6.2 Gb) OK because I used an double layer 8.5 GB disc.
A pop up did appear " estimated image file size sees too large" but I "continued anyway".
The "rendering video" pop up appeared and began to render...but at 42% rendered it stopped with the message "an error occurred while creating media, reason for error undetermined".
I have no clue why it does not complete the burn to DVD.
Last Edit:10 Mar 2017 04:11 by Don Pedro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Rendering to DVD

Posted 25 Mar 2017 19:19 #2
Hello Don Pedro
Sorry for the delay in responding to your message.

Do you still need help with this problem ?

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Mar 2017 19:19 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Don Pedro

Replied by Don Pedro on topic Rendering to DVD

Posted 25 Mar 2017 23:33 #3
Thanks Derek. I´m no expert and this kind of thing frustrates me to no end, BUT I believe the problem may be lack disc (RAM?) space on my laptop. So I went to my office PC, downloaded a free trial version of DVD Architect, uploaded the rendered movie from an SD card to DVDA, set everything as I had previously on my laptop, and, lo and behold, it worked perfectly. It did take awhile (over 4 hours), but once I had the "master" DVD I could easily copy it. All's well that ends well, I guess. I got frustrated but didn't panic. You're advice is sound.
Last Edit:26 Mar 2017 18:20 by Don Pedro
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.932 seconds