VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved I would like to apply one pan effect to multiple events

• Kerry
  • Kerry's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

I would like to apply one pan effect to multiple events was created by Kerry

Posted 17 Mar 2017 13:19 #1
I would like to apply one pan/zoom effect to multiple adjacent events. Specifically, I have a series still photos of a snake face sticking its tongue out and the tongue wiggles. I would like to treat them as one event and apply one pan/zoom to zoom in on its face. Thanks!
by Kerry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic I would like to apply one pan effect to multiple events

Posted 17 Mar 2017 13:59 #2
Use Track Motion.

Derek probably has a tutorial on here explaining it. If not there's possibly plenty on the net.
by ericlnz

• Kerry
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by Kerry on topic I would like to apply one pan effect to multiple events

Posted 17 Mar 2017 18:54 #3
Thanks for the hint.
by Kerry

Replied by Videome on topic I would like to apply one pan effect to multiple events

Posted 17 Mar 2017 19:33 #4

Kerry wrote: I would like to apply one pan/zoom effect to multiple adjacent events.

Hi Kerry,

Ericlnz suggestion, "Use Track Motion.", is one option,but that will affect the whole track.

Another option is to use key frames.
1) In the Pan/Zoom on the first of the series of clips, set the Pan/Zoom changes adding the key frames to get the desired effect.
2) Next select all the events/clips you wish to apply the effect to.
3) Right click on the selected range of events/clips.
4) From the pop up context menu, select 'Paste Event Attributes.'

All the attributes set in the first event/clip will be applied to the selected events/clips. See screen shot.
by Videome
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Kerry
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by Kerry on topic I would like to apply one pan effect to multiple events

Posted 17 Mar 2017 23:34 #5
I tried what you said (with the additional step of right click and copy the pan effect on the first event) and then right-click pasted it to the selected events but it didn't work. It applied the same pan to all the events individually, not the way I want which is as if the selected event were one clip with just one pan. Its a bunch of stop motion pictures I want to to treat like a clip and apply one pan to them all. Maybe I can have a group of selected events regarded as a clip? I check it out. Thanks for helping me.
by Kerry

Replied by Videome on topic I would like to apply one pan effect to multiple events

Posted 18 Mar 2017 00:31 #6

Kerry wrote: I tried what you said (with the additional step of right click and copy the pan effect on the first event) and then right-click pasted it to the selected events but it didn't work. It applied the same pan to all the events individually.

Hi Kerry, My apologies, I appear to have misunderstood what you are trying to achieve. As I read your post, what you saw after taking my advice is what I thought you were after. That is exactly what my suggestion would do.

Kerry wrote: I want which is as if the selected event were one clip with just one pan. Its a bunch of stop motion pictures I want to to treat like a clip and apply one pan to them all. Maybe I can have a group of selected events regarded as a clip? I check it out. Thanks for helping me.

I have just had a try at doing something similar. There are a number of adjustments needed to get close to what I now believe you are after.

1) You would need your stop motion events on one dedicated track.
2) Place them in the sequence you want.
3) Using track motion with key frames set the direction of pan you want.
4) After completing the pan.
5) You would most likely need to go back and adjust the pan and zoom for each shot.
6) The track motion will shift the event frame within the track window.
7) Using Pan/Crop to zoom with key frames will help you control the position of the event within the track window.

This will also cause the pan rate to shift as you compensate for the track motion.

Another suggestion is either put up with the black borders you will get if the event size matches project size or add another track below your panning track that contains a static neutral background.
Last Edit:25 Mar 2017 19:02 by Videome
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.035 seconds