VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Editing - its all in the eye of the beholder

• kobo
  • kobo's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 5

Editing - its all in the eye of the beholder was created by kobo

Posted 19 Aug 2014 21:59 #1
My apologies in advance if this is not the place for this.

Back in the mid 1980's while in college I took a course on film making and during the period discussing the art of editing we were shown a B&W film about how different people given the task of editing a scene from a TV show, Gunsmoke, can produce results very different from each other despite having the same exact material to work with. That always impressed me.

Not long ago while hunting around to see if I could find a copy of it on youtube I was pleasantly surprised to find that there are students today using the same exact footage I saw in that film to create scenes for film school projects. I would still like to find that film if anyone knows where I can find it.

That being said, I found this spoof recently making the rounds to be right in line with the premise of how different editors, or directors, can create something so different based on how they envision it.

Have a Magical Day

K
Last Edit:31 Jan 2015 00:27 by kobo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.676 seconds