VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Exercise playing with titles & subtitles

• kobo
  • kobo's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 5

Exercise playing with titles & subtitles was created by kobo

Posted 19 Aug 2014 22:43 #1
FWIW; the following short video was made simply as an effort to practice using the Sony Movie Studio 12 software; in particular playing with adding titles, subtitles, overlapping the titles over the feature as well as fading of the images as well as the sound; things like that. There are some typos in the titles :blush: guess I was focusing more on the movie than paying attention to my spelling.

Have a Magical Day
Last Edit:25 Sep 2014 00:06 by kobo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by TreeTops on topic Exercise playing with titles & subtitles

Posted 20 Aug 2014 05:40 #2
You did a good job. Was it hand held? I ask because it was pretty smooth. Do you want a critique? I will submit one anyway...Some of the text is pretty close to the areas that will be cut off if viewed on a TV so you need to keep your text away from the edges.

I would like to see the boat docking in your next video and in daylight if possible.

• kobo
  • kobo's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by kobo on topic Exercise playing with titles & subtitles

Posted 20 Aug 2014 08:43 #3

TreeTops wrote: You did a good job. Was it hand held? I ask because it was pretty smooth.

Thank you TreeTops for your kind words; Yes it was handheld.

TreeTops wrote: Do you want a critique? I will submit one anyway...Some of the text is pretty close to the areas that will be cut off if viewed on a TV so you need to keep your text away from the edges.

Good call; I had not thought of that.

TreeTops wrote: I would like to see the boat docking in your next video and in daylight if possible.

If I found myself taking the ferry again I would certainly want to get that; this was just a exercise practicing adding titles and such with the software; I was not trying to make anything more out of it. I dont get down to Long Island often and had only been there for a wake. I drove down but took the ferry coming home because it was getting late, I had a long ride back, and this would take a hour off the trip. I was literately the last vehicle to get on the boat before they shoved off; by the time I had paid for my ticket we were under way and it was too dark to film when we reached port.

Thanks again for your insights.

K
by kobo

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.857 seconds