VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved laser pointer

laser pointer was created by pcampbell

Posted 14 Sep 2014 09:26 #1
I frequently record meetings where PowerPoint presentations are used. I over-lay the PP slides into one corner of the video. I would like to use a "laser pointer" to highlight certain parts of the slides as the presentation is given. I haven't found a tutorial on your site yet that addresses this (or I am just missing it). Is it possible to do? I use MSP 12. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic laser pointer

Posted 14 Sep 2014 15:12 #2
Can you explain this a bit better, because this doesn't make sense to me.

A laser pointer is a real world object, not a software program.
Do you see how this does not make any sense, without me sounding sarcastic ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:14 Sep 2014 15:12 by DoctorZen

Replied by kobo on topic laser pointer

Posted 14 Sep 2014 22:13 #3
I think what he is requesting is, in post production, a means of 'pointing' at a element on the screen to highlight the subject being discussed; ie adding an arrow or something of that nature.

K
by kobo

Replied by pcampbell on topic laser pointer

Posted 15 Sep 2014 07:07 #4
Yes, Kobo, that is what I didn't explain clearly enough. As we all know, laser pointers are used to highlite parts of presentations. I would like to be able to place a red dot, or arrow, or something to highlite an area of a slide. Haven't been able to figure this out yet, so would appreciate hearing from anyone who has.

Thanks.

Peter

Replied by DoctorZen on topic laser pointer

Posted 15 Sep 2014 13:03 #5
Hi Peter

There are lots of programs you can use to do this.
The program I use is Snagit by Techsmith.
Snagit is a screen capture program and editor.
I use Snagit to place arrows and Text over all the screen shots I post on the Forum and website.
You can easily important still images from other programs into the Editor to add arrows, shapes, effects and text.
Then save the new image as a .png file and import into Movie Studio/Vegas Pro.
www.techsmith.com/snagit-features.html

Download the free trial and test it out.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Sep 2014 00:02 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: pcampbell

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.789 seconds