VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea New laptop recommendations

• pioneer
  • pioneer's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 34

New laptop recommendations was created by pioneer

Posted 11 Aug 2020 22:03 #1
My HP 17inch envy laptop has gone down, I am hoping it may be fixed something went pop and all stopped working. However in the unfortunate event it cannot be fixed I am looking to replace it with an HP 17inch omen i7 laptop. It will be used for a variety of uses from photo editing to using Vegas post18 using windows.
Has anybody else any other suggestions. Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
Last Edit:12 Aug 2020 12:56 by pioneer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic New laptop recommendations

Posted 12 Aug 2020 13:01 #2
Hi John

There's a lot of exciting new things happening in laptop land right now!
AMD has finally made some mobile versions of their extremely powerful Ryzen CPUs - they may be worth investigating.
Intel still makes very good mobile CPUs, even though their desktop CPUs are behind AMD now.

I recommend you check out Dave Lee on YouTube.
I think he is the No.1 laptop reviewer on YouTube and can be trusted for honest opinions.
www.youtube.com/c/Dave2D/videos

Whatever you decide, make sure the laptop comes with an Nvidia GPU.
Nvidia GPUs work best with Vegas Pro and will really speed things up!

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• pioneer
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by pioneer on topic New laptop recommendations

Posted 12 Aug 2020 17:07 #3
Thanks for all the info Derick will check out the video
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer

• pioneer
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by pioneer on topic New laptop recommendations

Posted 15 Aug 2020 19:48 #4
Update......Well some hopefully good news being written on my existing laptop. Its been away for repair. The engineer said all he did was unplug a few components and plug them back in give the PCB a clean all all fired up again. Touch wood all appears to be working fine at the moment. Phew saved me a few pounds and a lot of work reinstalling programs.
by pioneer

Replied by wondercrew on topic New laptop recommendations

Posted 03 Jun 2022 23:32 #5
Legion 5 Pro is great one

Replied by snehaitsolutions on topic New laptop recommendations

Posted 01 Dec 2023 16:51 #6
I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your HP Envy laptop. Considering your needs for photo editing and using Vegas Pro 18 on Windows, the HP Omen with an i7 processor could be a good choice, especially if you're looking for a 17-inch display.

However, depending on your budget and preferences, there are also other laptop options worth considering for such tasks. Some alternatives to the HP Omen i7 17-inch laptop could include:

1. Dell XPS 17: Known for its high-resolution display and powerful performance, it's a great option for photo editing and video processing.

2. Asus ROG Zephyrus G17: This gaming laptop is equipped with a powerful processor and graphics card, making it suitable for both gaming and content creation tasks.

3. MSI Creator 17: Specifically designed for content creators, it features a high-quality display and is equipped with components suitable for demanding tasks.

4. Lenovo Legion 7i: A solid choice for both gaming and content creation, featuring a high-refresh-rate display and powerful components.

Before making a decision, consider your budget, the specific requirements for your photo editing and video processing tasks, and any preferences you may have regarding build quality or design.

If you have any specific questions or if there are particular features you're looking for in a laptop, feel free to let me know, and I can provide more tailored recommendations.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.921 seconds