Idea New laptop recommendations

• Thank you received: 30

New laptop recommendations was created by pioneer

My HP 17inch envy laptop has gone down, I am hoping it may be fixed something went pop and all stopped working. However in the unfortunate event it cannot be fixed I am looking to replace it with an HP 17inch omen i7 laptop. It will be used for a variety of uses from photo editing to using Vegas post18 using windows.
Has anybody else any other suggestions. Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
11 Aug 2020 22:03 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1425

Replied by DoctorZen on topic New laptop recommendations

Hi John

There's a lot of exciting new things happening in laptop land right now!
AMD has finally made some mobile versions of their extremely powerful Ryzen CPUs - they may be worth investigating.
Intel still makes very good mobile CPUs, even though their desktop CPUs are behind AMD now.

I recommend you check out Dave Lee on YouTube.
I think he is the No.1 laptop reviewer on YouTube and can be trusted for honest opinions.
www.youtube.com/c/Dave2D/videos

Whatever you decide, make sure the laptop comes with an Nvidia GPU.
Nvidia GPUs work best with Vegas Pro and will really speed things up!

Regards
Derek
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
12 Aug 2020 13:01 #2

Replied by pioneer on topic New laptop recommendations

Thanks for all the info Derick will check out the video
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
12 Aug 2020 17:07 #3

Replied by pioneer on topic New laptop recommendations

Update......Well some hopefully good news being written on my existing laptop. Its been away for repair. The engineer said all he did was unplug a few components and plug them back in give the PCB a clean all all fired up again. Touch wood all appears to be working fine at the moment. Phew saved me a few pounds and a lot of work reinstalling programs.
15 Aug 2020 19:48 #4

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2020 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.