VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Rendering Sony Vegas Pro 13 in 4K

• VieheJ
  • VieheJ's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

Rendering Sony Vegas Pro 13 in 4K was created by VieheJ

Posted 04 Oct 2014 06:26 #1
Derek:

Many thanks for all that I have learned from you over the years while using the Sony Vegas Family, versions 10 - 13. Very glad that you now seem healthy and are back to work.

I am having difficulty editing 4K video and hope that you can help. While the raw video is viewable in Sony Vegas during editing, the rendered product is not readily usable. One must run it through the VLC viewer which downgrades the quality to HD. I recently had success uploading a long rendered file to YouTube before the viewing. The uploading and subsequent processing took approximately 36-hours, but I now have a 24-minute series of interviews posted to YouTube in 4K as an example of what can be done. Unfortunately I reversed two-letters in the original title page, and have been unsuccessful uploading a corrected product.

I am writing to request that you produce a video on editing 4K in Sony Vegas Pro 13. I think that most users would like to have at least two different products emerge from the editing process: first, a file which could readily be uploaded to YouTube in 4K, and second a 4K file which could be shown on one's large screen television. For some there might be a requirement for a third format, 2K, as most movie theaters here have gone digital and now use 2K projectors.

One can feel fairly confident in predicting an increase in demand for 4K product relatively soon. Vizio recently announced the sale of 70" 4K smart-televisions at $(US)2,500. and promptly sold out. This will put enormous price-pressure on the competition, particularly during the forthcoming Christmas season.

I would be delighted to provide you some 4K footage from either/or/both a Sony FDR-AX1 and BMPC 4K should it be needed for you to begin a 4K tutorial!

Given all that you have done for their product, Sony ought to provide you with a series of 4K cameras and a large 4K television on very very long term loan to help with the project! BlackMagic should be equally helpful to a fellow countryman!

Again, many thanks for your previous products, and thanks for your consideration of this request.

Sincerely,

John Viehe
Last Edit:02 Oct 2015 20:21 by VieheJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.830 seconds