VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Can I Automate An Audio Mix in Sony Movie Studio 13 (Any Version)

I have been trying for two days to find any documentation to tell me if Sony Studio 13 (Any Version) will automate, at least, audio faders in a mix?

I don't want to have to morph over into Pro Tools to do simple audio mixes. The answer will determine which video editing program I purchase.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Automation is a Vegas Pro feature only.

There is a less expensive version of Vegas Pro 13 called Vegas Pro Edit 13. This is a very popular version if you have a limited budget.
This has all the functions of Vegas Pro, except it does not come with DVD Architect Pro and the Dolby Digital Encoder for making discs.

Movie Studio Platinum 13 and Movie Studio Suite 13, do have manual automation.
Are familiar with Audio Volume Envelopes which add keyframes to the Audio Timeline ?
With this tool you can paint/record varying audio volumes directly to the timeline as the clip/audio plays back.

If you would like more information about this, I can send you a quick video via Dropbox.

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:02 Oct 2015 20:21 by DoctorZen

Hello Derek,

Thanks for the reply. I would love to see anything you can send me. I have drop box. It's not so much a budget thing as a use thing. I will not be doing high end video stuff. Just creative 10 to 15 minute projects and God only knows where it will take me. I know this, from all my years as a Pro Tools editor, that I like automating at least volumes and pans on the audio side of mixes. If I can't get that then I have to create another two steps. Into Pro Tools to mix audio and out of Pro Tools to get back into the video project. I'd rather skip those two processes and just use the audio side of whatever video program I get. So what I am really after is 10 to 15 tracks of audio max. Most of my projects will have off camera audio...stereo music...voice over here and there...and two or three tracks of sound effects. Not a big deal but to automate those tracks in volume and panning is a big deal. Let me know what can happen. Thanks. DR

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.693 seconds