VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Problems with update to Build 223.

Problems with update to Build 223. was created by Judyk45

Posted 25 Aug 2021 06:41 #1
I updated from an earlier version of Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum, which was working just fine, because I got a very insistent update message. The result, build 223 WILL NOT RUN on my Lenovo Thinkpad Carbon Ix 7, even with my new 1 terabyte SDD. Opens halfway, shows a few work boxes against a white screen, and then hangs into infinity. Magix tech support is totally useless in solving this. I bought Movie Studiom18, but I don’t want to waste time learning a new interface just because their update doesn’t run. Asked for help, asked for a refund on 18. Nothing useful. Finally filed a dispute for the charge with PayPal, and then finally Magix refunded my payment - not before. Thankful I found this site! And was able to download Build 221, which at least starts properly. 

is there something I could do to make the new update run, or should I just forget it? Magix is clearly trying to sell their thing instead of supporting a user base. Shame on them,
Last Edit:25 Aug 2021 12:26 by Judyk45

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Problems with update to Build 223.

Posted 25 Aug 2021 12:45 #2
Hi Judyk45

If build #223 is not working on your computer, just stick with #221.
Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17 has been officially retired, so there will be no more program updates released.

Unfortunately a Windows update from many months ago now, caused MAJOR problems with VMSP17.
The last couple of build updates released, were all about fixing that new "out of the blue" problem.

Most long term Vegas Movie Studio Platinum users who like using Vegas, are upgrading to Vegas Edit 19 for $119 - this is the full version of Vegas Pro just by itself and is similar to Vegas Movie Studio Platinum, but a lot more advanced.

No one is upgrading to Movie Studio Platinum 18, which is a completely different program.

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 11:38 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.750 seconds