VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Updating Opinion Please

Updating Opinion Please was created by htmmarketing

Posted 04 Nov 2021 04:37 #1
Hi,
I occasionally perform video editing for client's - mostly tutorials and how-tos. I started with Sony Movie Studio and last update was to version 13 Platinum. I also use HitFilm Pro 2017 but find that fine for composite work but not great for general timeline non-linear edits. I recently purchased the Magix version of Movie Studio 18 Platinum and it has several issues and I have requested a refund. I get constant popups to "load" components on every startup and instructions from Magix Support and Forum moderators have not fixed the issue.

What would be a good purchase as replacement for my Movie Studio 13. I am Windows 10 Home with 4GB Vram and 16GB of desktop ram. Input is very welcome.

Regards,
HTMmarketing

Last Edit:07 Nov 2021 15:25 by htmmarketing
The following user(s) said Thank You: rs4425

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Updating Opinion Please

Posted 04 Nov 2021 09:30 #2
VMS13 is quite old now.  VMS17 would be your best option but it's no longer available from Magix.   So go for Vegas Pro Edit 19, which is Vegas Pro without the extras.  You may qualify for the Upgrade price.  Links on Derek's page here www.moviestudiozen.com/deals
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, htmmarketing

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Updating Opinion Please

Posted 04 Nov 2021 12:37 #3
Eric has already expressed my opinion.

Vegas Movie Studio Platinum is now retired, but Magix then stole (recycled) the name and slapped it on one of their own products, creating massive confusion for all Vegas Movie Studio users.
If you love using Vegas and don't want to learn a completely different program, most VMS users are upgrading to Vegas Edit 19.
Vegas Edit 19 is the fully functioning version of Vegas Pro, just by itself - the cheapest way to get Vegas Pro without any extras.
zen3.me/us-vegas-upgrades
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: htmmarketing

Replied by htmmarketing on topic Updating Opinion Please

Posted 05 Nov 2021 00:45 #4
The Magix Movie Studio Platinum 18 as I have just purchased is not the same as the Magix Vegas Edit -  AND is being discontinued?

And thank you Eric and Derek for your response and time.

Replied by vkmast on topic Updating Opinion Please

Posted 05 Nov 2021 01:57 #5
@htmmarketing

"The VEGAS Movie Studio product line has been cancelled and retired - end of story - it's that simple."

Please read DoctorZen here 
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/2921-movie-studio-18-has-nothing-to-do-with-vegas-movie-studio
by vkmast

Posted 05 Nov 2021 02:13 #6
Thanks VKMast- Just disconcerting that I JUST purchased version 18 (moviestudio18platinum.exe) at Magix on November 1st, 2021 and am fighting to get my money back. It looked and acted nothing like the trial version I downloaded today of Vegas Edit 19. Sorry to be obtuse and confused.

Regards and thanks to all.

HTMMarketing
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

Posted 06 Nov 2021 05:27 #7
FROM Magix:

We have decided to discontinue VEGAS Movie Studio in its known form. In return, we want to introduce you to a new product, based on our beloved Movie Edit Pro Infusion Engine, called Movie Studio 18.

We plan to introduce Movie Studio 18 gradually as to why it is still comparable to Movie Edit Pro 2021 at this moment.

Movie Studio 18 is the beginning of the rebrand of Movie Edit Pro for all non-German-speaking countries and is designed for beginners and advanced users.
If you want to learn more about Movie Studio 18, check out the following product page with detailed information. To provide you with all help necessary, we prepared various tutorials on how to use Movie Studio 18 compared to VEGAS Movie Studio 17.

If you want to stay in the Vegas universe, you can keep Movie Studio 17 or upgrade to VegasPro.

Last Edit:06 Nov 2021 13:52 by htmmarketing

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Updating Opinion Please

Posted 06 Nov 2021 14:02 #8

Thanks VKMast- Just disconcerting that I JUST purchased version 18 (moviestudio18platinum.exe) at Magix on November 1st, 2021 and am fighting to get my money back. It looked and acted nothing like the trial version I downloaded today of Vegas Edit 19. Sorry to be obtuse and confused.

Regards and thanks to all.

HTMMarketing

Just to be crystal clear, Movie Studio Platinum 18 and Vegas Edit 19, have absolutely nothing to do with each other.
Movie Studio Platinum 18 is 100% based on a Magix program called Movie Edit Pro.
Vegas Edit 19 is the base version of Vegas Pro - a 100% Vegas product, with absolutely nothing to do with Magix Movie Studio Platinum 18 and Magix Movie Edit Pro.

The quote from Magix is extremely interesting.
When Magix Movie Studio Platinum 18 was released many months ago now, there was ZERO explanation from Magix at the time, as to what version 18 actually was.
It was the most disastrous launch of a new program, I can ever remember.
The new quote from Magix today, is about 3 months too late!!!
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Posted 07 Nov 2021 01:25 #9
Yes - I agree a little too late and only received due to my request for refund. I never owned a "Vegas" as my versions up to 13 always were labeled/considered Sony Movie Studio. Hence my confusing when trying to upgrade. I managed to get the new "studio 18" glitch resolved and it seems fine - and priced affordably. But I can't help thinking I should have bought a Vegas product.

Thanks to all of you at the Forum here. Call it closed.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.869 seconds