VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Blu-ray and 1080p

• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 90

Blu-ray and 1080p was created by Peter

Posted 27 Dec 2014 13:04 #1
Hi Derek,
Two weeks and Christmas in between makes a difference!
SO,
1. Merry Christmas and New Year to you (and to all on the forum!).
2. I am now the proud owner of a Samsung SE 506 portable Blu-Ray writer (and player of what seems everything to this date).

Since most of my original video material is in 1080-60p (and realising that -60p format is NOT in original the Blu-Ray standard) - is it possible to render as 1080-60p using SM Plat 11 on to a BD disc and have it then play (be read)?
ie - not render to 60i.

At present I have only BD-R discs and do not really want to waste them in trial and error. Will purchase a re-write in near future.
Surprisingly there was no manual supplied with the writer (It came with writer software and a folder that is titled "User manual" which in fact holds only warranty details.

Regards,

Peter
by Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Blu-ray and 1080p

Posted 27 Dec 2014 14:29 #2
Hi Peter

Merry Christmas and Creative New Year to you :lol:

I no longer have SVMSP11 installed on my computer, so I can't remember what it supports.
You should be able to render to 1920x1080-60p if you customize a 1080p Sony AVC template and manually set the Frame Rate to 60fps.

1080-60p is not supported by the Blu-ray Specification, so you cannot use Vegas or DVD Architect to render this video format to a normal Blu-ray disc.
1280x720-60p is supported by Vegas and DVD Architect.

What you may be able to do is this:
1. Render 1080-60p with Vegas.
2. Burn video file directly to your BD-R using a program like Nero Burning ROM.
Nero supports the burning of Data Discs. So you would be using the BD-R just like a normal storage device.
How your Blu-ray player responds to this is a totally different matter. Different makes/models are more lenient in what types of files they let you play. The only way to find out is through experimentation.

Regards
Derek.

p.s.
A new High Capacity disc specification is being worked on by Sony and other group members right now.
This new disc format will support disc capacities of many 100's of GBs and also support 1080-60p.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:27 Dec 2014 14:31 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter

• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 90

Replied by Peter on topic Blu-ray and 1080p

Posted 28 Dec 2014 12:56 #3
Hi Derek,

Render 1080p-60 with version 11 - sure - its not that old yet!!
Will give 720p-60 a go to see how thing go.
Creating a data disc with video - will give that a miss - most probably will play on newer players but the file structure will be messed with and I most probably won't have a consistent result as in "End viewer satisfaction".

Thanks for info on the Sony work - just as I get to grips with my "new" writer". I'm getting off the update tread mill for at least a decade. But they seem to getting shorter every day as well.

Regards,

Peter
Last Edit:31 Jan 2015 00:21 by Peter

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.728 seconds