VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Black lines

Black lines was created by Steve Barry

Posted 24 Apr 2015 18:59 #1
Hi, I have an issue with Black lines. I consider myself to still be a novice although I have now used SMSP for 50/60 movies. I am recording on a Canon HD G10 to AVCHD at 1920x1080 in 25fps PAL. In the preview screen (and on the other one) there are no lines, but when I render in 720 I get black lines top and bottom. When I render in 480 black lines all around. I have tried to change the settings as per Derek's video on here, but every time I try to do so, my SMSP crashes. Any suggestions? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Black lines

Posted 24 Apr 2015 19:09 #2
Hi Steve

Which exact version of the program are you using ?
Are all your videos coming from the Canon G10 ?

Which Make Movie / Render As output formats and templates are you using ?

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Apr 2015 15:10 by DoctorZen

Posted 27 Apr 2015 18:27 #3
Which Make Movie / Render As output formats and templates are you using ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:27 Jun 2015 18:04 by DoctorZen

Posted 27 Apr 2015 18:37 #4
Can you please upload a screen shot showing your Project Properties.
If your video is coming directly from a video camera and you used the Match Media function, you should not be getting any black bars at all.
If you use the wrong type of Make Movie /Render As templates, you may get problems.

I suspect you may have accidentally changed a setting in the Track Motion or Event Pan/Crop windows.
If you have been in these windows, you may have accidentally created key-frames with the window zoomed in.

In the Project Properties window there is a setting at the bottom "Adjust Source Media....." - normally it is best to turn this on.
If you right-click videos on timeline and go to Switches, you can turn off Maintain Aspect Ratio. However, you should not have to do this with video direct from a modern camera, which makes me believe the Track Motion window needs to be reset. Open this window and select Restore Box.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.731 seconds