VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Loved Please Post Your New Tutorial Requests Here!

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1563

Please Post Your New Tutorial Requests Here! was created by DoctorZen

Posted 10 Mar 2016 20:04 #1
Today begins a new video series called Sony Vegas Zen Tips.

In the first video, I asked that people share their own favourite editing shortcuts and tips and also asked that people tell me about the topics you would like to hear more about on Movie Studio Zen.

Please post your new topic suggestions in this forum thread.

Cheers :)
Derek (aka Doctor Zen)

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:10 Mar 2016 20:05 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Jones, george.bredon, MistyRicardo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Richard Jones on topic Please Post Your New Tutorial Requests Here!

Posted 10 Mar 2016 22:42 #2
Thank you Derek; very nicely done.

One of the most6 useful tips I discovered when I first started with Vegas was to use the Ctrl. Key to provide a slower and more accurate movement of sliders such as those you have for Gamma, Gain, Offset etc or in finding the frame in the film that I want to use as a thumbnail to identify a Chapter Start in a DVDA menu. Saved a lot of time and frustration over the years :)

Richard
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Please Post Your New Tutorial Requests Here!

Posted 10 Mar 2016 22:56 #3
Good point :idea:
I use CTRL for that function as well.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Pro Scripts

Posted 11 Mar 2016 04:24 #4
Your first 3 Tips tutorials work with SMS Platinum and Vegas Pro. This request is for Vegas Pro only, so it may not be a good candidate for your series, and therefore I would understand.

A short tutorial on how to use some of the installed scripts, as well as, how to install additional scripts and opyionally place them in the Tool Bar.
Best Regards......George

Replied by MistyRicardo on topic Please Post Your New Tutorial Requests Here!

Posted 12 Mar 2016 10:30 #5
Hi Derek. I've been a little busy with other life stuff, but recently got back into producing curry videos ( www.youtube.com/c/MistyRicardo ).

Glad to see you back doing what you do well. Excellent videos, and well presented if I may say so.

Anyway, enough of this sycophantic wotnot. I would like to see a tutorial about how to rearrange a large number of projects into subfolders. I've got everything (many many videos) in one folder at the moment, and would like to get them each compartmentalised (is that really a word ?).

Thanks in advance.
Misty Ricardo's Curry Kitchen
www.youtube.com/c/MistyRicardo

Posted 12 Mar 2016 21:52 #6
Hi Misty,

If you mean your original source videos they will appear in your Explorer Window (as well as My Documents if you've gone down that rout). In either instance, create a New Folder (see button on menu bar at top) and click and drag the relevant videos into that Folder which you can rename by right clicking on it. This way you can have all the source files relating to, say, Holiday 2015, Switzerland. Family Anniversary or whatever all in the same Folder which provides a simple (and easily opened) catalogue of your work.

You can do something very similar with your Vegas Project Files using the same technique but you will need to ensure that the source files remain available as well.

Hope this helps.

Richard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MistyRicardo

Replied by MistyRicardo on topic Please Post Your New Tutorial Requests Here!

Posted 12 Mar 2016 23:09 #7
Hi and thanks Richard. Good response, but what I am trying to achieve is an easy way of creating a sub folder (underneath my existing videos folder) for each project, and moving each project related media file (.vf, .mov., ,jpeg etc etc) into the corresponding folder. In addition to that, each video uses some common media files (e.g. intro and outro .mp4), which will need to be in one single folder. I have over 50 SMS projects, and I am hoping to be able to do this without too much manual work, i.e. not having to create a subfolder and move all the relevant files for each project into it. Likewise, I want to minimise the effort when loading a project in SMS, and it asking me to 'find' any missing media files.

I already know about the project subfolder options within SMS, but it doesn't appear to be useful retrospectively.
Misty Ricardo's Curry Kitchen
www.youtube.com/c/MistyRicardo

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

Posted 12 Mar 2016 23:22 #8
If anyone wants to discuss solutions to a request, can you please create a new topic in the Movie Studio and Vegas Pro sub-forums.
This will make it easier for me to have a look at requests in the future, without having to wade through normally discussions.
Cheers :wink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MistyRicardo

Posted 13 Mar 2016 01:09 #9
OK. Message received and understood.

By the way, enjoyed your sense of humour in Tips No. 5 today :)

Richard

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

Posted 13 Mar 2016 01:38 #10
Hi Richard

There is saying in Australia "gone troppo". Troppo is short for tropical.
I've been hiding my true personality on the Internet for too long and now I just don't care, so it's time to have fun :)
In the top end of Australia it is hot all year around. Building up to the wet season it gets so unbearably hot :evil: that people start to "go troppo" and do weird shit. A large part of Australia going all the way down to Melbourne has been experiencing the longest hot spell on record. Where I live in the country, it has been above 39°C for 10 days in a row and I think I might be going troppo :whistle: 39°C in Autumn should not be happening, but it is :?
The following user(s) said Thank You: LivingFreeForever

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.883 seconds