VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved MAGIX editing software, time for a look.

MAGIX editing software, time for a look. was created by Eagle eye.

Posted 06 Jun 2016 08:20 #1
I have started having a good read of the MAGIX website and it looks like they run an almost parallel program to MSP13 see www.magix.com/int/movie-edit-pro/premium/ They also have a large tutorial collection www.magix.com/int/support/know-how/tutorial-videos/movie-edit-pro-premium/ While I won’t be quitting my MSP13 software anytime soon the future looks promising.
Another program that interests me is ‘Video sound cleaning lab’ I will have to start studying up www.magix.com/int/video-sound-cleaning-lab/detail/ on that also.
I have just built a new computer system around an Intel i7-6700k CPU and I intend to progress to a small 4K camera (AX100 or AX53) in the near future so I am keen to learn what MAGIX offers. I am hoping for faster rendering, faster 64bit software and as Derek has said in the past, a bit more modern in the DVD creation ‘themes’ & ‘buttons’. Of course like many others, I suspect the ability to burn UHD Blu-ray disks in the (I hope) near future will be catered for as well. By the way where is UHD Blu-ray disks & burners at??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic MAGIX editing software, time for a look.

Posted 06 Jun 2016 09:13 #2
I wonder if the good Doc will find the time to take on the current MAGIX software here in addition to all the (now ex-SCS) software.
Quite an accomplishment as it is now.
by vkmast

Replied by DoctorZen on topic MAGIX editing software, time for a look.

Posted 06 Jun 2016 17:01 #3
Hi Guys

The first thing I did when the announcement was made, was to download some of their free trial software. I like what I see so far.
I am patiently awaiting to see what the new versions of Vegas Pro and Movie Studio will look like. The main thing I want to see happen, is proper development of the rendering engine, so that ALL Graphics Cards can be used to accelerate rendering. This is an area that Sony just gave up on and is the No.1 complaint from users.

I feel the Magix takeover is the absolute best possible thing that ever could have happened. Sony obviously had no interest in investing proper money into software development. It was pretty poor on Sony's behalf, considering what a massive fan base Vegas Pro and Movie Studio has.

When you do Google and YouTube searches, Vegas Pro/Movie Studio has more tutorials out there than all the competition combined. I think Magix knows and understands this really well and they must be salivating at the thought of all their new customers. If they do it right, this is going to be very profitable for them.

Up until the takeover was announced, I was getting ready to switch to a different platform and develop a new website, because I thought that Vegas Pro and Movie Studio were history. Now that we know what is happening, I am excited to see what develops. I am also encouraged by the communication from Magix CEO Jürgen Jaron. He seems like a "visible" CEO and not a "hide in the shadows" CEO. He has stated that Vegas will definitely not become a subscription based model, which is great news. The only reason why I don't use Adobe Premier Pro, is because I do not believe in ransomware.

The future looks bright :idea: :woohoo:
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:07 Jun 2016 11:49 by DoctorZen

Replied by Eagle eye. on topic MAGIX editing software, time for a look.

Posted 07 Jun 2016 06:43 #4
I am encouraged further by Dereks view of the Magix acquisition of Vegas and Movie Studio, and concur that SONY has been disappointing in their development of MSP13.
Your mention of a huge amount of tutorials out there for Vegas and Movie Studio just serves to show the size of the customer base SONY has ignored.
I also wonder if the grindingly slow development of the UHD Blu-ray disk can be laid at SONY's door. Evermore people have 4K TV's and there are even 4K players not to mention 4K domestic camcorders but still no media to burn your creation to a 4K disk.
Last Edit:07 Jun 2016 06:45 by Eagle eye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, carterscj

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.975 seconds