VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved mp4 or AVCHD

mp4 or AVCHD was created by mullan49

Posted 11 Aug 2016 15:12 #1
simple question, I hope.

I'm an old school camera guy who has just bought his first HD camcorder and I'm wondering ... what's the best movie format for ease of use with Movie Studio Platinum? MP4 or AVCHD?

At this point I'm concerned about projects that will likely be posted on Youtube etc first.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic mp4 or AVCHD

Posted 11 Aug 2016 15:26 #2
Hi mullan49 - welcome to the MSZ Forum

AVCHD is the superior recording mode - always use this.

You will also have different quality levels / bit rates to choose from - make sure to set to maximum level.

The final setting you may have an option for, is the Frame Rate.
Many cameras can shoot at 30 fps or 60 fps if you bought in an NTSC country or 25 fps / 50 fps in PAL country.
For every day video, 30 fps or 25 fps is perfect.
If you are recording fast moving scenes like Sport or Cars, use higher frame rate setting or 50/60 fps.
If you want to do slow motion effects in your video editor, also use the higher frame rate setting.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:11 Aug 2016 15:27 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: mullan49

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.778 seconds