DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved 4k clips very grainy and blurry

Replied by lawry_cec on topic 4k clips very grainy and blurry

Posted 28 Aug 2016 20:14 #11
Hi Derek
Sorry to be a pain ....
I have Google searched the nominated error message, but there aren't (m)any relevant solutions provided.
I have also done as you suggested and tried to send the output to Blu-Ray via the 'Make Movie' menu, but the 'Blu-Ray Disc With Menus' option is greyed out? Why would that be.
I have tested my machines' Blu-Ray writing capabilities out, just in case the Blu-Ray unit is not functioning, but it does work - I can send an MPG file to the drive via Windows Explorer --> Send To....
So I'm still not making much progress.
Cheers
Lawrence

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic 4k clips very grainy and blurry

Posted 28 Aug 2016 22:15 #12
Where is the video coming from that is in the project that you are having the problem with ?
It sounds like the video is the problem.

Is it 1080p ?
Is it 4K ?
Is it 3D video ?

Does it have a Stereo Audio track or 5.1 Surround Sound Audio track ?
5.1 Surround Sound Audio is NOT supported in Movie Studio for making a Blu-ray disc - this is a Vegas Pro feature only - this would explain greyed out option.
5.1 Surround Sound is only supported on DVD in Movie Studio and DVD Architect.

If it is a video you downloaded from a website and it has embedded foreign language titles in it, that would cause the problem you are experiencing.

Please upload a screen shot showing your Project Properties for Video tab and Audio tab.
AND/OR
Email me a copy of your .vf project file, so I can look at your settings.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:28 Aug 2016 22:15 by DoctorZen

Posted 29 Aug 2016 07:05 #13
Hi Derek
Once again thank you for your response.
I just quickly tried to change the audio settings from 5:1 to stereo, and as you pointed out, the 'Blu-Ray with Menus" does now come up.
I will try to burn the project tonight (after work) and let you know what happens.
Thank you again.
Lawrence
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 31 Aug 2016 21:49 #14
Hi Derek
Apologies for not having got back to you earlier - I have not been at home the last couple of night.
I managed to finally and successfully burn the Blu-ray of the project I was working on; as you correctly identified, the 'Blu-ray with menus' option was turned off because the audio was set to 5:1; when I changed this setting to stereo, all worked ok.
So thanks again for your help.
Lawrence
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.872 seconds