VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Cannot render with Intel Quick Sync

Cannot render with Intel Quick Sync was created by Eagle eye.

Posted 25 Aug 2016 12:33 #1
I now have upgraded my PC to a Intel i7-6700K cpu and a GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 motherboard my video card is a GTX 760. I tried to use the the 'Intel Quick Sync' video encode option to render a peice of 50p MP4 video footage from my SONY action cam. The result was an error 'Quick sync video is not available' I have the latest GTX760 driver and mobo BIOS. Have you got any suggestions? :?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Cannot render with Intel Quick Sync

Posted 25 Aug 2016 15:14 #2
I have moved your question into it's own New Thread!

I don't have an Intel Quick Sync capable Motherboard, so have no direct experience in rendering with this format.
You may have to install something else on your computer, before this will work properly.
I have not Googled this myself yet.
I will get back to this after I have researched this myself or you may find the solution on another Sony forum and report back here first.

Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Aug 2016 15:14 by DoctorZen

Replied by Eagle eye. on topic Cannot render with Intel Quick Sync

Posted 26 Aug 2016 10:50 #3
Thanks Derek for your action of putting my query in its own thread. However I was responding to your 'how to render/export 48p, 50p and 60p' video tutorial referred to in your reply to 'Movies for PC - best render setting' where you say that this 'Intel quick sync' encode mode is faster. My motherboard is not Intel but Gigabyte Z170 type its specs states it supports onboard 'Intel HD graphics as does my CPU i7-6700K . My GTX 760 video card also supports it referencing the specs. I may be missing some type of software like HD4000 or HD530. It all seems a bit hard and is it that much faster than SONY AVC/MVC. I want quality encoding over speed anyway but I would like to hear from anyone whom has used 'Intel HD graphics'. 8-)
Last Edit:26 Aug 2016 10:53 by Eagle eye.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Cannot render with Intel Quick Sync

Posted 26 Aug 2016 12:14 #4
The main reason why I moved your message into a new thread, is because I did not want to overwhelm the original poster with advanced technical talk.

I found a thread from the old Sony forum here:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/render-using-quick-sync-fails--96270/

John Lewis gives an answer here, that appears to explain what the problem is:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/render-using-quick-sync-fails--96270/#ca581414

I would also imagine you would need to select Intel Graphics inside of Options/Preferences/Video/GPU Acceleration

If I am understanding John's answer correctly, it looks like it might be more trouble than it is worth.
Because I don't have the correct MB, I have never been able to experiment with this option.
As you can probably guess by now, I am a very "hands on" learner. I am only confident about things I have actually tried myself.

Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle eye.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.783 seconds