VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Movie Studio Platinum 12 Suite

• Tomsr
  • Tomsr's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 2

Movie Studio Platinum 12 Suite was created by Tomsr

Posted 27 Aug 2016 05:36 #1
Hi: I originally registered with you years ago. Two years ago I started having a problem accessing MSP suite version 10 on my desktop. Decided to download an updated version of Suite 12. That did not work either. So I bought the version 12 suite disc. They did not work. So I got frustrated and stopped video work. I want to get re-started. My past registration on here no longer worked so I am re-registered. Happy you are still here for us. You had always been a great assist to me and I am sure to all.
Two years ago I had Windows XP on that desktop. Later I went to Win7, Win8, Win8.1 and most recently I have had windows 10 installed on it. My hope was that my software would work on that desktop as it is a stable system with plenty of storage.
After a smooth installation of my MS software I got through the registration process for two of the three modules of the suite. Movie studio hangs up when is gets to "DIRECTX" during startup. A test of DirectX shows that it can not get through the module "DirectShow". This seems to be the reason why the MS program stops.
Can I get help for this problem on this site? If not, can you suggest where I might get help?
Sony was not able to help me with this problem two years ago.
Thanks, Tom
PS: I was able to install the suite on this laptop which has the Win 10 OS installed over the VISTA OS. This is a very old system with limited facilities for video processing. Therefore I want to use the desktop.
by Tomsr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio Platinum 12 Suite

Posted 27 Aug 2016 14:09 #2
Hi Tomsr - welcome back to MSZ.
About 12 months ago I did a big clean up of old inactive accounts, so you must have been in that group.

The DirectX problem is very common for some people and is easily fixed.
I have an FAQ that will tell you what to do here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/574-my-application-hangs-on-the-splash-screen

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Tomsr
  • Tomsr's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Tomsr on topic Movie Studio Platinum 12 Suite

Posted 27 Aug 2016 21:57 #3
Derek: Thank You. Will try and report back. Tom

Finally got to follow your link. Tried several of your methods. None worked "directly". However my problem has been resolved.
In the process of trying your methods I found that my MSP program files were in two different folders. Some were in "Program files/sony" others were in "program files (X86)/Sony".
I uninstalled all three programs and deleted all Sony MSP files in both folders.
I re-installed MSP and everything is working on this desktop for the first time in over two years. Thanks ever so much.
Now I shall get back to work and start bugging you again for video help. LOL.
Tom
Last Edit:28 Aug 2016 13:30 by Tomsr
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.779 seconds