VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Tracking annotations in SONY Movie Studio 13

Tracking annotations in SONY Movie Studio 13 was created by MrGrunthunter

Posted 28 Aug 2016 09:26 #1
Derek, I have some aerial video I recorded with my drone carrying a GoPro Hero 4 camera. In the video I want to place a circle around something I'm describing and stay fixed around that item as the drone pans by. I thought I could do it with key frames on the circle overlay but I don't really seem to have much control over it. Can this be done with SMS 13? Can it even be done with SONY Vegas (which I'm contemplating taking advantage of the $200 sale going on right now?
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Tracking annotations in SONY Movie Studio 13

Posted 28 Aug 2016 15:28 #2
The simplest way to do this, is to use the same technique I showed in this tutorial.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/557-sony-vegas-zen-tips-7-pixelate-conceal

This can be done in Movie Studio or Vegas Pro.
1. Create carbon of video on 2nd track
2. Add Cookie Cutter tool and turn on Border -make sure to change colour above and resize to your requirements.
3. Then turn on Animation/Key-Frames (liitle clocks) for Center control
4. Turn of Sync cursor at bottom of window
5. Now move timeline cursor forward in small increments and move "center" each time - key-frames will be automatically added.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGrunthunter

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic Tracking annotations in SONY Movie Studio 13

Posted 29 Aug 2016 00:59 #3
Thank you Derek. That was just what I was trying to do. I figured out I could just use the border and change the color of it and not add the blurr. It took me a little bit trying to figure out how to use the keyframes properly. I found it easier to click on the circular border in the video frame and move it and then click on the plus (+) symbol under the feyframe track to add the keyframes. I'm not sure what some of the other controls do , like Steroscopic 3D Depth and the Repeat X & Y controls do. I moved them around but didn't see any changes being made so left them alone. The way I was trying to do this before was to add another video track and place a png circle image in it and then resize to big enough to capture what I was talking about in the video while it was moving. This is going to be much more cleaner looking. I've already posted the video I was working on up to YouTube but I have bookmarked your tutorial for future reference. Many Thanks again.
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.836 seconds