VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Audio Visual Analyser....

• MadMaz
  • MadMaz's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

Audio Visual Analyser.... was created by MadMaz

Posted 04 Sep 2016 18:46 #1
Hey guys, I'm new here and learning a lot. Thanks for all your input so far. I just have a quick question which I just can't seem to find an answer for. My young son is pretty talented with his music mixing and he would like to post some videos up on YouTube. What all the people who are "famous" seem to be doing with their videos nowadays is playing the music and having a 'spectrum analyzer' or 'audio-visual analyzer' on screen. Sort of like your old fashioned graphic equaliser where the lights went up and down in beat to the music.
I am the proud owner of Movie Studio Platinum 13.0 and would love to help my son in a father and son project. Does anybody know how to do this? Is there a plug-in I can download from somewhere that can do this? Unfortunately the only advice on the net so far is to buy Adobe After Effects but I don't want to do that. I'm very happy with Movie Studio. Thanks in advance for any help.
This is an example of what I'm after:
by MadMaz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Audio Visual Analyser....

Posted 05 Sep 2016 01:27 #2
Hi MadMaz - welcome to the MSZ Forum

You cannot generate audio/visual FX like this with standard Movie Studio Platinum 13 setup.
I don't know of any apps that you can buy and add to MSP13, to create this effect.

You need to use a different type of software program that has the ability to generate particles.
There is a cheaper alternative to Adobe After Effects that you can use to do this.
The program is called HitFilm - there are two versions: Hitfilm Pro 4 and Hitfilm Express 4

Hitfilm Pro 4 is about $400 and comes with all the tools you need to create the effect you are asking about and much, much more (very cool program!)
Hitfilm Express 4 is the free version of the program, however you would need to buy the Audio-visual pack to create the effect you are asking about.

You can download from here:
hitfilm.com/store/hitfilm-4-express

Hitfilm made a tutorial about this recently, which you can view here:

Once you have created the effect, you can then import it into MSP13 if required.

Regards
Derek (Dr Zen)
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:05 Sep 2016 01:29 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmcswnavy24, Eagle Six, MadMaz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.663 seconds