VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Magix Vegas Movie Studio 13 Platinum Now and Free 14 in February

Replied by JoeWest on topic Magix Vegas Movie Studio 13 Platinum 967 update

Posted 01 Dec 2016 15:41 #11
Thanks, updating from the link will install over my existing program? Will my key work?

The canopus, came with a neat program called picture controller that enables you to make color, contrast, hue, brightness, sharpness adjustments to the analog intake, as well as audio correction and other settings prior to the digitizing. But, no capture software that I recall. Its been a few years since that purchase.

You play the vhs tape while watching it both on your tv via component in line and the preview screen in picture controller. Once you tweak the adjustments you close the software, rewind, and then replay and capture. You can usually tweak the adjustments in the first minute of playback, so its not a long process, and it eliminates the need for lots of post capture NLE color corrections which help speed up encoding to mpeg. It does help clean up the old vhs a bit, so its better than original before it even gets to the editing program.
Last Edit:01 Dec 2016 15:45 by JoeWest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Magix Vegas Movie Studio 13 Platinum 967 update

Posted 01 Dec 2016 16:07 #12
Download and save the Movie Studio installer file.
Yes it will install OVER your existing program and will not require to be re-registered.

I have absolutely no experience with using a Canopus ADVC300.
I really have no idea how it works and how you are meant to set it up for video capture.
I'm doing Google searches and finding tonnes of old forum posts, but nothing that tells you how to actually set it up for video capture.
The only thing I found related to Vegas is here:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/video-capture-device--100832/
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by JoeWest on topic Magix Vegas Movie Studio 13 Platinum 967 update

Posted 02 Dec 2016 03:40 #13
I just want to thank you for all the information available on your website.

Searching for answers can be very time consuming and frustrating, you have done an amazing job of putting forth info!

LOL, I do have another question :) While working on a 1hr 40 min clip, movie studio platinum 13 seems to nicely place the entire clip on the timeline so that it fits entirely on screen, and I can see it all.

I see that by rolling the mouse wheel I am able to stretch it out and zoom in to just about any degree I like.

My question is, does the program allow for zooming OUT to the point, for example, that the entire clip would only consume 1/4 or less of the timeline? I seem to only be able to zoom out just enough fit the entire clip from one end to the other of the screen and no smaller. Thx!
by JoeWest

Posted 02 Dec 2016 12:43 #14
No you cannot force a single video to display in first 25% of timeline using controls.
The only way you could achieve something like this, it to artificially add something like Media Generators/Solid Colour at end of timeline and push it way to the right, then use wheel on mouse to zoom back out.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by vkmast on topic Magix Vegas Movie Studio 13 Platinum 967 update

Posted 21 Dec 2016 00:45 #15
For those interested in the current "Now with 25% off: VEGAS Movie Studio 13 Platinum + Following February 2017 release: VEGAS Movie Studio 14 Platinum for free" offer from MAGIX, see the link below.
www.vegascreativesoftware.com/index.php?id=311&L=52&utm_source=newsfeed-campaign&utm_campaign=VEGAS%20Movie%20Studio%2013%20%2B%2014&utm_medium=product-newsfeed&phash=IFf7jZHP183OcLxO
or www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/newsletter/vegas-movie-studio-platinum-version-14-for-free/#productMenu

Note that there's an option to buy MS 13 Suite (+ get 14 Suite free) as well. (Link in the newsletter: Check out what Movie Studio Suite has to offer). The offer is valid until January 4, 2017.

DoctorZen's post # 3 in this thread should be read by those considering the offer. I today wrote something similar on the MVMS forum.
"I do have SMSS13 and do not need another copy and will not buy v 14 without knowing if they've chosen to continue changing the GUI further along the lines of SMSP 13, plus the icons change adopted by MVPro 14. I would not want to start corresponding with Customer Support either to get all the items ."

P.S. Has there been a merging of topics? I did not want to reply to "MSP 13 b 967 update." This reply should be considered as a continuation of the "MSP 13+14 offer" topic.
Last Edit:21 Dec 2016 07:24 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Posted 22 Jan 2017 15:07 #17
I have learnt already that Magix deal expiration dates are pretty flimsy and don't mean much.
That deal deadline has changed so many times, I have lost count.

If you already own version 13, there is no point in taking up this offer.
If Magix sticks with it's current upgrade pricing policy, it should be cheaper to buy an upgrade when version 14 is released.
Last Edit:22 Jan 2017 15:12 by DoctorZen

Replied by MRChuck on topic Magix Vegas Movie Studio 13 Platinum 967 update

Posted 13 Feb 2017 08:57 #18
It seems as though this deal to buy version 13 at a discount and get a free upgrade to 14 might have actually expired. I can't find it using the links earlier in this thread. I can find a half price version 13 download, but no mention of upgrade to 14.
So, are they any deals to be had now? I might have a project to do before 14 comes out. Perhaps I should install a demo version...
Thanks!
- Chuck
by MRChuck

Posted 13 Feb 2017 12:19 #19

So, are they any deals to be had now?

Hi MRChuck

All previous deals have ended, because Vegas Movie Studio 14, Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum and Vegas Movie Studio 14 Suite are being released in less than 2 weeks time.

If you currently own any older versions of Movie Studio, you will qualify for upgrade pricing once version 14 is released.
If you do not currently own any version of Movie Studio, I suspect there may be a special "launch discount" offered in the first week or two after the release.

If you need to edit right now, download the free trial for version 13.

Regards
Derek

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.092 seconds