VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved RENDERING 60 FPS AT 24 FPS

• phiwe
  • phiwe's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 5

RENDERING 60 FPS AT 24 FPS was created by phiwe

Posted 04 Oct 2016 20:15 #1
Hi.i be shooting a fast paced hip hop music video soon. I need to shoot at 60 fps as i will use slow motion as well. After editting will there be any problems if i render at 24 fps, since this is a required frame rate by music broadcasters. Will the audio sync be affected.

May i also b advised on audio format i should use during a shoot and during edit?

Using Movie Studio 13.
by phiwe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic RENDERING 60 FPS AT 24 FPS

Posted 04 Oct 2016 22:12 #2
There is no problem with slowing 60 fps video to 24 fps - this is quite a normal thing to do with music video clips.
Your audio should be recorded separately using an external recorder like a Zoom device.
Then you will have TWO separate files to sync in Movie Studio - one will be the Video recording and 2nd will be Audio recording.
Use hands claps at beginning of recording to sync video and audio.

For highest quality, output for Audio is normally recorded as .WAV file, which is uncompressed.
Make sure Audio Sample Rate is set to 48,000 Hz.

Your video camera should be recording at 48,000 Hz by default.
This will allow a good sync.

You really should be using Movie Studio Platinum 13 at a minimum to create this type of project.
Movie Studio 13 is only the very basic version of program and does not allow any cusotmisation of settings.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• phiwe
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by phiwe on topic RENDERING 60 FPS AT 24 FPS

Posted 05 Oct 2016 04:28 #3
Thanks Derek for the info. I need this clarified for me. By saying slowing down, do you mean slowing down clips before rendering or you mean rendering 60 fps at 24fps & what do you mean by "using movie studio at minimum"

And how do i check if my DSLR is by default set at 48000 hz? Sorry for being too inquisitive.
by phiwe

Replied by DoctorZen on topic RENDERING 60 FPS AT 24 FPS

Posted 06 Oct 2016 18:29 #4
When I said "slowing down" I was talking about the same thing you said "I need to shoot at 60 fps as i will use slow motion as well".
Logically, if you are shooting at 60 fps and delivering at 24 fps, you would slow down the 60 fps video down to 24 fps before your render.
I have a tutorial which talks about this and I would recommend Method One for an accurate result.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/511-how-to-slow-down-go-pro-video

When I said "using movie studio at minimum", I was referring to the version of Movie Studio you are using.
You said you are using Movie Studio 13.
This is not going to have the functionality you need to slow down video the way you want.
You need to be using a Movie Studio Platinum 13, which has many more advanced functions and allows customisation of all settings.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• phiwe
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by phiwe on topic RENDERING 60 FPS AT 24 FPS

Posted 07 Oct 2016 04:09 #5
Thanks a lot for the advice. Will surely use this great advice.
Last Edit:08 Oct 2016 16:16 by phiwe
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.811 seconds