VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Titler in Movie Studio platinum 13 overwritten by Titler from Vegas Pro 14.

Hi, I have just recently updated from Movie Studio 13 Platinum to Vegas Pro. 14 - I still have Movie Studio 13 installed and would like to still use it but I have found that the Vegas Pro 14 version seems to have overwritten the Titler that was included in with Movie Studio 13. The titler included with Vegas Pro. 14 is a major downgrade to the on in Movie Studio and I am not too thrilled with watermark branding showing up on titles. I could do a reinstall and hope this fixes the problem but hope there may be a simple fix floating around.
Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi sandi2547

I have not purchased Vegas Pro 14, so I have not seen the Titler that comes with VP14.
I did watch the Promo video here and it shows a more advanced titler than what you are describing.

The Titler that comes with Movie Studio Platinum 13 is New Blue Titler Express.
The Titler that comes with Vegas Pro 14 is New Blue Titler Pro Express.
This is a more up to date version of the titler you already had and should come with more templates and features.

Make sure you are not getting mixed up with Pro Type Titler - this is a much older legacy Sony titler.

Go to Media Generators and look for NewBlue Titler Pro Express.
As I already said, I have not bought VP14 yet, so don't know what the new titler looks like.
However, if it is like Titler Pro 3 which I own, there may be two edit modes.
The default Quick Edit mode is very basic and needs to be switched to see full Title Designer.
If this is the case, go to Settings/Open Title Designer.

New Blue Titler Express which only comes with Movie Studio Platinum 13, will only work in Movie Studio versions.
If you try to open your old titler in Vegas Pro, it will be watermarked.

I hope that clears things up for you.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:19 Oct 2016 17:41 by DoctorZen

If I had the OP's problem, I'd be inclined to present it to NewBlueFX support and see what they have to say about this. In my experience, though from a couple of years back, they have been quick to answer and have tried to give prompt advice. Some reports imply that their current problems with VPro 14 may keep the support busy at the moment though.

I must admit that I had more than my fair share of trouble with the compatibility of the MS Platinum bundled NBFX TitlerEx and VPro bundled Titler Pro 1. Finally they did admit that you should not have had these installed on the same computer simultaneously. The experiences were enough to put me off of trying any of their later Titler versions on either MS Platinums or VPros.
Last Edit:20 Oct 2016 04:14 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Thank you vkmast. I forgot to mention what you just said.
Some versions of the New Blue Titler's are incompatible with each other and cannot be installed at the same time.
I can confirm the New Blue Titler EX and New Blue Titler Pro 1, cannot exist at the same time.

I suspect that this is the main problem sandi2547 is experiencing.
Titler EX and Titler Pro EX are probably versions of the same program and cannot coexist at the same time.
I also advise that sandi2547 asks this question to New Blue support.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Thank you both so much for your reply's I have done a roll back of my system and now studio 13's titler is working again with no watermarks (Pro version 1 build 131217). In Pro 14 New Blue Titler Express is available and seems to be working as far as I know though some of its folders are empty. The New Blue Titler Pro. is version 1 131217 (the same as the one in Movie Studio - not sure if it is supposed to be the same or not). I am not sure what originally came in Pro 14 but things are working OK so I will leave well enough alone. Tried to install Pro. 14 on an older computer with no MS 13 on to see what Titlers came as standard but GPU could not open them. Not sure if this makes any sense but Thanks once again. Cheers.
Last Edit:20 Oct 2016 17:06 by sandi2547
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

sandi2547 wrote: ---now studio 13's titler is working again with no watermarks (Pro version 1 build 131217). In Pro 14 New Blue Titler Express is available and seems to be working as far as I know though some of its folders are empty. The New Blue Titler Pro. is version 1 131217 (the same as the one in Movie Studio - not sure if it is supposed to be the same or not). I am not sure what originally came in Pro 14 but things are working OK so I will leave well enough alone. Tried to install Pro. 14 on an older computer with no MS 13 on to see what Titlers came as standard but GPU could not open them. Not sure if this makes any sense but Thanks once again. Cheers.

I'm confused. I don't think NBFX Titler Pro 1 came bundled with Sony MS Platinum 13. Build 131217 is indeed the same as in my NBFX Titler Pro 1, which was bundled with Vegas Pro 11 and 12 and works in Vegas Pro 13 if you either bought the time-limited offer to keep it going or bought it separately.
As Derek the Doc said: "The Titler that comes with Movie Studio Platinum 13 is New Blue Titler Express," actually with the Suite version. NewBlue occasionally called it their Titler Pro 1's "baby brother".

As for NBFX Titler Pro 1 actually working without watermarks in MS Platinum(s), jetdv of NB wrote this on the SCS forum 02/18/2014:
"As long as you are using the OpenFX version of Titler Pro 1 in Vegas Pro 12, there is no further activation required. To use it in Movie Studio 13, you will need to purchase a serial number. The bundled serial number will not work for Movie Studio 13."
I think my watermarks went away when I took up the time-limited special offer. I installed and uninstalled TitlerEx and Titler Pro 1 too many times to be sure though. The last build probably had something to do with it as well.
Last Edit:21 Oct 2016 02:39 by vkmast

Thank you for your input vkmast. If you are confused I am not sure what that makes me - I have purchased three or four updates of Movie Studio over the last few years and in MS 13 platinum I have used NBFX titler pro 1 (or if it was not it it sure looks and acts like the one that opens now). I do not remember if it came with MS 13 or if I bought or upgraded at some stage). Whatever version I have done quite a few intros for Deb Balls with it as well as other general stuff. When I upgraded to Vegas Pro. 14 I had just finished my last Deb in MS using it's onboard titler. I then opened MS at last project to check that I had made buckup copies of renders and noticed that on the timeline my titles were watermarked. After a bit of a grump I did a roll back and everything went back to normal and no more watermarks and the titler looked and behaved the same as usual. I guess, as has been said, that I should not have downloaded the upgrade with MS still installed. I did not think that it would be possible that the titler that I was using in MS could be the same as what comes in the newer Pro. 14 but maybe it is. If anyone is running Pro 14 could they just check for me what version of titler is included. I have done some more editing with MS and it is still working as normal but I have not opened Pro since my little drama. Just interested to know if anyone else experiences any thing similar.

sandi2547 wrote: Thank you for your input vkmast. If you are confused I am not sure what that makes me - I have purchased three or four updates of Movie Studio over the last few years and in MS 13 platinum I have used NBFX titler pro 1 (or if it was not it it sure looks and acts like the one that opens now). I do not remember if it came with MS 13 or if I bought or upgraded at some stage).

I'm pretty sure NBFX Titler Pro 1 never came (bundled) with a version of MS Platinum or Suite. But anyway, the suggestion to contact NB Support still stands.
Last Edit:22 Oct 2016 00:57 by vkmast

I am also confused by what you said sandi2547 :?

New Blue Titler Pro 1 has never been included with any version of Movie Studio.
The only version of New Blue Titler that has ever been sold with Movie Studio, was New Blue Titler EX in the Suite version.

Go to Media Generators and in the list it will tell you exactly which version/s you have.
You could also go to Windows Programs & Features and check to see what is installed for New Blue FX.
If you have NB Titler EX installed, it will say NewBlue VideoFX for Sony Vegas MSPPS.
If you have NB Titler Pro 1, it will say NewBlue Titler Pro 1 in program list.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.832 seconds