VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Using ProShow Producer and or with Movie Studio 12 Platnum

Trying to import parts of PSP into Movie Studio 12 Platinum. Tried making avi and importing it but MS12 message says codec problem. How do I render PSP to be used in Movie Studio?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Using ProShow Producer and or with Movie Studio 12 Platnum

Posted 26 Oct 2016 08:42 #2
Hi targa912,

Thank You for posting this question. I know very little to nothing about the various slideshow software available. Although I have no use for it today, I'm always trying something new, so off I went and downloaded the version 8 trial of ProShow Producer. I used the wizard, added 10 or so stills, a music sound track, and then selected 'Publish', then 'Video for Web, Devices and Computer', then 'Create'. Then I selected 'Additional Video Formats', then 'Intermediate/Lossless Formats', then 'AVC Intra-frame 1080p (100Mbps)'. Finally I selected 'Options', 'Profile' number '2. 30 fps Progressive (NTSC)', and 'Create'.

This file turned out to be Mpeg4, AVC High@L5, 100 Mb/s, 1920x1080 progressive, 16:9, constant frame rate, 29.970 fps, YUV 4:2:0 8 bit, with 2 channel PCM, 48.0 kHz, 16.0 bit audio, all in a .mov wrapper. It added to my Movie Studio 13 Platinum (should be not difference in your 12 platinum), and played like a charm. And that is actually a pretty high quality intermediate.

I also tried just the straight up .avi and SMS13P, also didn't like it. There is a custom codec (format) option available in PSP, which I did not spend any time messing with, but you may find some renders in there that will import into SMS12p if you don't like the AVC Intra I used above. Hope this helps out, please let us know how it goes.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by targa912 on topic Using ProShow Producer and or with Movie Studio 12 Platnum

Posted 27 Oct 2016 00:20 #3
Will try your way today! Thanks!
Last Edit:03 Dec 2016 16:17 by targa912

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.682 seconds