VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Compressing long video

Compressing long video was created by davidb0417

Posted 26 Nov 2016 03:34 #1
I have used Mark's Bit Rate calculator to compress long video to fit on DVD. Will it work to compress a long video (2 hours, ACHVD) for Vimeo for example and not DVD?
Movie Studio Platinum 12 Suite
Canon Rebel T4i
Zoom H4n

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Compressing long video

Posted 26 Nov 2016 04:30 #2
The Bit Rate calculator is for making DVDs only using MPEG2 format and has nothing to do with web video.
If you want to make a video file size smaller, you need to reduce your Bit Rate settings.
However, lower bit rates = lower quality.
You need to experiment with different bit rates to find the level that is acceptable to you, however also remember that YouTube and Vimeo are going to re-compress your video again, so if you compress too far, it is going to fall apart.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by davidb0417 on topic Compressing long video

Posted 26 Nov 2016 04:37 #3
Thank you Derek. Appreciate your help and expertise.
Movie Studio Platinum 12 Suite
Canon Rebel T4i
Zoom H4n
Last Edit:03 Dec 2016 16:21 by davidb0417

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.919 seconds