VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved LUT intense

LUT intense was created by Wertzu2017

Posted 01 Dec 2016 03:36 #1
Hi from Germany,

I have Movie Studio Platinum 13. I have also the free LUT plugin from VisionVolor. My question is, how can I regulate the itense from the LUTs? For example, I want a LUT Style, but only 50%, not 100.
I hope you understand my question. My english is verry bad. :)

Greetz
Wertzu2017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic LUT intense

Posted 01 Dec 2016 15:22 #2
Hi Wertzu2017

Your English is OK :)
I have never used Vision Colour LUTs for Vegas, however it seems like a basic plugin.
I have just installed it myself.

I found a beginners tutorial on YouTube which shows a way to change the intensity of the LUT.
From 2:17 is where you should start watching.

This guy added Brightness & Contrast and Colour Corrector.
You could also add Colour Curves.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:03 Dec 2016 16:22 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle Six on topic LUT intense

Posted 02 Dec 2016 09:49 #3
Hi Wertzu,

In addition to Derek's suggestions, here are a few thoughts which may or may not help.....

If you are applying a LUT's cube file, they are text files. I've never done this, but wonder if you opened the LUT's in a text editor and changed all the values to one half? It may be too time consuming to try. Although if you have any ability with something like Visual Basic, it would be few lines of simple code to convert all the values by 50%.

If you apply the LUT's in question, and then make your corrections with color corrector, brightness and contrast, color corrector II, and or color curves, etc., you will need to apply this to every event (or at the track or project level), which isn't that bad in one project, but it will get a bit messy to use on other projects. By changing the LUT, you will be able to simply apply it to other projects, tracks and/or events.

Another thought would be to create a LUT using Photoshop, if you are familiar with it. From what I understand, more recent versions have the ability to apply LUT's and as well as write a LUT. If that is the case, you could take a screen grab from your project, import into Photoshop, make the corrections, you like, to create the feel of 50%, then export the LUT file. If Photoshop exports in cube format, you should then be able to apply that LUT from within the VisionColor plugin within Movie Studio.

BTW, the tutorial linked by Derek, shows applying the LUT at the event level. I'm sure you are familiar that the VisionColor plugin will work at the track level as well, and then the effect does not have to be applied on each individual event (unless of course you wanted to). Also, this plugin works at the project level and would apply to all the events and tracks in your projects, which most likely you wouldn't want to do, but the ability is there if you like.

These are just a couple thoughts I had. I use LUT's (or better put, I'm learning how, I think!!) but at first I got all tangled up with making corrections over corrections, over corrections. It was driving me nuts until I figured out I needed a reasonable workflow. This was more obvious to me when I started to read and watch tutorials by Denver Riddle. Anyway, maybe some of this will help.....
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.706 seconds