VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved HD video to DVD

HD video to DVD was created by Capt Lee

Posted 01 Dec 2016 04:37 #1
Is it possible to create a DVD using video captured in HD? If so, is the quality of the DVD less than that of a DVD made using video captured in standard definition?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic HD video to DVD

Posted 01 Dec 2016 15:30 #2
Hi Capt Lee

The official DVD format only supports Standard Definition video.
You can add HD video into a DVD project, however it will be re-rendered down to MPEG2 Video for DVD at 720x480 NTSC or 720x576 PAL.

If you use a blank DVD as a Data Disc only and do not use a program like DVD Architect or Vegas, you can burn full HD to a DVD. However, there will be no menu structure. When you burn a HD data disc, the video codec you use must be supported by your DVD player, otherwise it won't play back. AVCHD is the most common format supported by DVD.

Blu-ray disc is what you should be using, if you want full compatibility with all devices and TVs.
Blu-ray supports up to 1920x1080-30i.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Capt Lee

Replied by Capt Lee on topic HD video to DVD

Posted 01 Dec 2016 23:30 #3
I'm going the HD route but I still make dvd's of basketball games for players and their families. They don't all have HD equipment to play the blu ray discs.

Do I save it in HD format and when needed, render a DVD?

Replied by DoctorZen on topic HD video to DVD

Posted 02 Dec 2016 12:27 #4

Capt Lee wrote: Do I save it in HD format and when needed, render a DVD?

Yes.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:03 Dec 2016 16:22 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.785 seconds