VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Using Sony Video Capture 6.0

Using Sony Video Capture 6.0 was created by JoeWest

Posted 01 Dec 2016 06:28 #1
I'm doing VHS tape conversions with Canopus 300. In doing a web search for some tutorial info on the Sony Video Capture 6.0 program I found next to nothing. While I realize it is pretty straight forward, I just want to be sure I'm not missing any important settings / options or disabling anything that I'd rather not have set.

I did see that setting a folder for saved captures was buried in the Options menu rather than right up front. That had me wondering how many other settings I might be overlooking.

Also, one thing I think I saw was a reference to Sony Video Capture 6.0e and mine just says 6.0, so I'm concerned a bit about bug fixes also. Are version update integral to Movie Studio Platinum build updates or is this capture module updated on it's own somewhere?

Thanks in advance!
by JoeWest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Using Sony Video Capture 6.0

Posted 01 Dec 2016 15:37 #2
[strike]Video Capture in Vegas Movie Studio and Vegas Pro is not referring to the type of video capture you are trying to do![/strike]
In Vegas, this is only referring to the capture of DV or HDV video from video cameras that record to digital tape.

[strike]You need to use the capture software that should have come with your Canopus 300.
Use that to create your video first, then import the captured video into Vegas for further video editing and colour correction.[/strike]
I have no experience with using a Canopus 300, so my knowledge is limited.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:03 Dec 2016 16:22 by DoctorZen

Replied by JoeWest on topic Using Sony Video Capture 6.0

Posted 01 Dec 2016 15:55 #3
No Derek, all capture software, even third party programs like Windv, Captureflux, or movie studio, see the canopus, (or any other brand of firewire converter) as a dv-avi camcorder.

Movie Studio Platinum 13 just did a great job on my first capture, 1hr and 40 minutes with no dropped frames. It doesn't know the difference between digital dv standard definition tape based camcorder input via firewire, or the digital dv-avi product coming out of the canopus via firewire. It treats both sources exactly the same.

You would be surprised how many people still want their old vhs tapes converted to dvd and menued.
Last Edit:01 Dec 2016 16:01 by JoeWest

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Using Sony Video Capture 6.0

Posted 01 Dec 2016 16:16 #4
As I just said in a different forum reply, I have ZERO knowledge on this device (Canopus 300).
Just before you posted this new reply, I have now read (after Google searching for 1/2 an hour) that the Canopus uses Firewire, which means it CAN use the Video Capture app in Movie Studio and Vegas Pro.

I have no experience in using the Sony Video Capture app - this was before my time.
I started video editing with SD Card based cameras.

I have edited my original reply above to strike out incorrect info.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:01 Dec 2016 16:17 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.745 seconds