VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved STOLEN COMPUTER - How do i re install on new computer with old disc?

• phiwe
  • phiwe's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi.

My computer was stolen with my software inside now left with my disc with old licence code. How do i re install on new computer with old disc?
Last Edit:30 Dec 2016 14:26 by phiwe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi phiwe

Sony has an archive where you can download all your old programs from.
download.sonymediasoftware.com/current/

If you have the activation codes for all your software, I would recommend downloading directly from the archive and make sure to save copy of install files to a folder on your computer. You don't need to use the disc at all, unless there is bonus content like music you need.

If you need any help, let me know which exact programs you own, because I have kept copies of just about everything from last 7 years.

p.s.
To guard against your computer being stolen again, I recommend using ESET Smart Security as your virus protection program. This is what I use and it contains an Anti-Theft tool. If my computer gets stolen, I can track where the computer is physically and then let police know the location.

Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:11 Jan 2017 23:03 by DoctorZen

• phiwe
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
Thanks. Just saved the link to try this once i get new computer.
by phiwe

• phiwe
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
New pc purchased. My software was msp 12. So which files do i download on the link?
by phiwe

If your computer is 32 bit, download this version:
moviestudiope12.0.1183_32bit.exe

If your computer is 64 bit, download this version:
moviestudiope12.0.1184_64bit.exe
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:07 Apr 2017 17:49 by DoctorZen

• phiwe
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
the link is not working. its for 64 bit
by phiwe

The download links I provided for you, are working OK for me.
As soon as you press the link, it will begin to automatically download the program file.
I am using Goggle Chrome.

You can also right-click link and select Save Link As.

• phiwe
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
Must be WIFI network was using in town. Bt i decided to use disc and luckly it worked. I am wondering if i can use my serial code with success fo a full version?
by phiwe

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.858 seconds