VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved No Audio when Rendering Video

• 123DAC
  • 123DAC's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 12

No Audio when Rendering Video was created by 123DAC

Posted 06 Jan 2017 04:03 #1
I have no trouble rendering most of my projects however I have recently tried to prepare a short video intro for use later in DVD Architect. The project consists of a short video and a separate soundtrack. In Movie studio all seems fine but when I render I am clearly doing something wrong as only the video renders leaving a silent movie. I have of course rendered the sound track separately and imported both to DVD architect so problem solved (ish). What do I have to do to get both video and sound rendered at the same time so I have a composite video with sound.
Many Thanks
Dave C
Last Edit:06 Jan 2017 11:15 by 123DAC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic No Audio when Rendering Video

Posted 06 Jan 2017 05:10 #2
Just to rule out something, please read this thread
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/audio-not-burning-to-dvd--105119/
Last Edit:06 Jan 2017 11:16 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six, 123DAC

Replied by Eagle Six on topic No Audio when Rendering Video

Posted 06 Jan 2017 05:16 #3
Hi Dave,

To clarify, your intro is a short video which will play prior to and lead into the top level menu, or lead into a menuless main video, is that correct?

Also your reference to 'composite video' is a video which includes the audio, is that correct?

With the assumption the answers being yes and yes, from my understanding you could render the intro, for example in AVC (mp4) which will include the audio and add it to DVDA. The AVC/mp4 will not be DVDA compliant, so before DVDA burns the DVD/BD, it will first re-render the AVC/mp4 file. I cannot think of any advantage of this (actually disadvantages) over rendering the intro in a compliant DVDA format and rendering the audio separately in a DVDA compliant audio format, as you do for the content videos (both the audio and video would be given the same identical file name [with exception to the file extension] and placed in the same folder, so when the video is added to DVDA, DVDA will automatically find and load the associated audio file)..

I often make intros for DVD or Bluray and always have rendered in a DVDA compliant video and audio format separately, which then does not have to be re-rendered by DVDA.

Maybe there is something in your question I have missed.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:06 Jan 2017 11:16 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• 123DAC
  • 123DAC's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 12

Replied by 123DAC on topic No Audio when Rendering Video

Posted 06 Jan 2017 05:39 #4
Many thanks for the ultra prompt response. Hope I can explain this .... here goes. In DVDA I always like the first screen ( play movie and scene selection) to have a video with sound, this one was a film reel to which I added a projector sound track. I prefer to have the video and the soundtrack the same length (otherwise if sound track is longer than video the screen just goes black whilst sound track continues), so not knowing of a better way of achieving this in DVDA I make a small project in Movie studio to act as the intro thereby making sound and video same length. if you think it is preferable to render separately I will take your advice.
Last Edit:06 Jan 2017 11:16 by 123DAC

Replied by Eagle Six on topic No Audio when Rendering Video

Posted 06 Jan 2017 06:45 #5
Hi Dave,

OK, I think I got it, you are making a background video/audio for a menu. If I'm not mistaken you can do this either way, but I'm not sure if DVDA is going to re-render both or just the mp4 as opposed to the DVDA compliant format. Most likely your background video will be short enough that if DVDA does re-render you will not see a great increase in burn times.

I usually put a still image in the background and add some audio music or sound effects, so I actually went and tried this. I rendered a DVDA Bluray compliant video .m2v and then the audio DVDA compliant .ac3 file. Put the .m2v file in the Background under Video and the .ac3 in the Background under Audio. They both played the same length. The other way I tried was I render the same test file in AVC/mp4 (which of course included the audio), loaded it in both the Background under Video and the Background under Audio and it played the same as the other method. However I did produce a Bluray disc, so I'm not for sure if DVDA will re-render the .m2v and .ac3 files. When I checked 'Optimize' it doesn't seem to list the background video.

You could also render the AVC/mp4 video and audio separately if you wanted to, as I don't think it would make any difference.

Reading the Help file, it appears your background may play smoother if it is in progressive mode as opposed to interlace. If this is true (I didn't have time to test it), you may be better off just rendering in something like AVC/mp4 (with audio), and put it both in the Video and Audio Background sections, let DVDA deal with re-rendering.

Hope this helps Dave.....
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:11 Jan 2017 23:04 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, 123DAC

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.818 seconds